Azure, a chamfron within a bordure embattled argent.
Companionship in the Order of the Chamfron of Caid is warded for superior skill and authenticity in appearance in equestrian activities.
- Bestow the title of Lord/Lady.
- Alternate Titles are available for substitution.
- Azure, a chamfron within a bordure embattled argent.
- Medallion strung on an Award Cord.
- Companions of the Chamfron may display their achievement with the medallion of the order dependent from a blue ribbon encircling the arms
- Unto all Caidans, reading, hearing or seeing, We, Sven and Kolfinna, King and Queen of the Sovereign Realm of Caid, give you greetings.
- Whereas it is necessary and right that the Crown of Caid should foster the development of equestrian arts in the realm,
- And Whereas certain riders in Caid display surpassing skill and noble appearance upon the equestrian tournament field,
- And Wheras those riders above said inspire Our populace and bring honor to the kingdom,
- We hereby proclaim and create the Order of the Chamfron of Caid.
- Companionship in this Order shall be granted unto those equestrian artisans that the Crown deems meet the requirements for entry above said.
- Companions of the Order shall be known by the showing of certain signs and regalia bearing the badge of the Order, "Azure, on a chamfron argent, a crescent azure, all within a bordure embattled argent".*
- This Order shall rank equally with the Order of the Dolphin, the Order of the Harp Argent, the Order of the Argent Arrow, the Order of the Crescent Sword and the Order of the Duelist, and may bear with it an award of arms.
- We acknowledge that alteration may be required to the name and/or armory of this Order prior to registration by the College of Arms of the Society for Creative Anachronism.
- Done by our hand this Fifteenth day of November, in the year of Our Society the forty-third which is 2008, Anno Domini.
Sven, Rex Caidis
Kolfinna, Regina Caidis
*The original badge design, as stated here, was returned by the Kingdom College of Heralds 11/14/2008. The newer design is the same, with the crescent removed.
|Awards of Caid|
|Patent: Chivalry, Laurel, Pelican, Defense, Royal Peerage. |
Grant: Grant of Arms, Argent Blade, Chiron, Crescent, Gauntlet, Golden Lance, Lux Caidis.
Armigerous: Award of Arms, Court Barony, Arcus, Argent Arrow, Chamfron, Crescent Sword, Dolphin, Duellist, Harp Argent.
Non-armigerous: Acorn, Argent Star, Augmentation of Arms, Chanson, Corde de Guerre, Crescent and Flame, Crossed Swords, Furison of Caid, Legion of Courtesy, Ordo Cordis, Royal Recognition of Excellence, Signum Reginae, Sigillum Regis, Signum Regni, Vanguard of Honor.
Honors: Arts and Sciences Pentathlon Champion, King's Champion, Personal Heraldic Title, Queen's Champion, Right Noble, Rose.
Closed: White Scarf, Landmark, New Battered Helm.
Other Information: Alternate Titles, Award Cords, Award Types, Closed Award, Polling Order, Rare and special award.