"The Chivalry" is a collective term referring to all knights and masters at arms -- that is, members of the Order of the Chivalry, a Society-wide peerage order. As it is an accolade recognized throughout the Society, any knights who move into Caid are welcomed as equal members of the Order of Chivalry in Caid. The Chivalry is a Patent Order, and carries with it a Patent of Arms (See Award Types).
- The Chivalry consists of two equal parts: Knighthood and Mastery of Arms. No one may belong to both parts of the order at one time. When a member is admitted to the Chivalry by the Sovereign, the choice of which part of the order to join is made by the new member. The candidate must be considered the equal of his or her prospective peers with the basic weapons of tournament combat. To become a Knight, the candidate must swear fealty to the Crown of his or her kingdom during the knighting ceremony. Masters of Arms may choose to swear fealty, but are not required to do so.
- The duties of the Chivalry are as follows:
- To set an example of courtesy and chivalrous conduct on and off the field of honor.
- To respect the Crown of the kingdom; to support and uphold the laws of the kingdom and Corpora.
- To enrich the kingdom by sharing his or her knowledge and skills.
- To support and uphold the Crown of his or her kingdom.
- To enhance the renown and defend the honor of the peer’s Lady or Lord.
- To advise the Crown on the advancement of candidates for the Chivalry.
- To bestow the Accolade of Knighthood upon a candidate for the Order of Knighthood, by sole right as both Sovereign and knight, or acting directly for a Sovereign who is not a knight.
This article attempts to list the Knights and Masters at Arms who have been knighted within the Kingdom or Principality of Caid, as well as "imported" Caidan knights. See Also: Alphabetical listing
Kingdom of Caid Chivalry
Those who were knighted in Caid
Kingdom of the West, Principality of Caid Chivalry
Those who were knighted in the West, but lived in the Principality of Caid
Those who were knighted in other Kingdoms but have lived and participated in our fair Kingdom. Also includes knights of the West prior to creation of the Principality of Caid.
- View the Caidan Chivalry Statues