Augustine von Freiburg
Ritter Augustine in Armor at Pennsic 2007
ArgentPer chevron GU and checky SA and AR, a cross formy fitchy and in chief 2 card-piques Or
Ritter Augustine von Freiburg was introduced to the SCA in 1993 but did not become active until 1995. He has been active in the Kingdom pretty regularly since then and has lived in Dreiburgen, Calafia, and Lyondemere.
He was elevated to the Order of the Chivalry on October 6, 2007 by Drogo and Iðuna, King and Queen of Caid. Prior to his knighting, he was squire to Ritter Jacob Maximilian of the Black Forest and fostered to Sir Dante Lizza da Benevento
Ritter Augustine von Freiburg was born at the end of the 14th century to a noble family in the city Freiburg in South Western Germany. His father died while Augustine was very young during the Battle of Sempach and his mother left him in the care of the priests of the Freiburg Minster. Augustine attracted the notice of Ritter Jakob Maximillain aus dem Schwartzwald, a local Knight who agreed to train him in the knightly ways and made him a squire. Augustine found success upon the tourney field as well as the war field under Jakob's close tutelage.
Jakob was called back to the homefront for personal matters and would be away from the campaign for many years so he passed Augustines training off to a fellow knight and friend named Dante Lizza da Benevento. Sir Dante accepted Augustine as a foster squire and continued his training in the knightly ways.
Augustine gained renown through great service and a stout heart. During a tenure as Captain of the Queens guard, he was offerend the accolade of knighthood and was made a Knight on the field of battle where he fights along side his brethren from the Northern Rhine to protect the Fatherland from all enemies. Along with knighthood, Augustine was also asked to lead the Kingdoms Army against the enemies of the Fatherland and has done so at home as well as in foreign kingdoms. Augustine can be found on most fields of battle fighting along side his brethren as well as in which ever local tavern fate finds him in during his patrols along the Rhine. He is most often found either assisting those in need or in the company of any number of The Sons of the Lorelei and will gladly share what he has with you.
Ritter Augustine was most recently given the title of Court Baron during the reign of Sven II and Kolfinna II for his continued service to the Kingdom of Caid.
- Mistress Valla Luta Kolladottir (Wife)
- THLord Alejandro de Nuevo Castillo (Squire)
- THLord Andreas von Leiningen (Squire) – aka Sabas
- Lord Leonardo de Ortega Hijo de Carlos Leon de Castile (Squire)
- Master Riordan Robert MacGregor (Brother)
- Baniarla Ciar Lasse MacGregor (Sister)
- THLord Steffen Link (Squire)
Offices & Positions
- General of the Army of Caid, 2008-12/14/14
- Queen's Guard
- Edric and Albra, 05/18/1996-11/02/1996
- Edric III and Catalina, 11/17/2001-06/08/2002
- Guillaume II and Felinah II, 06/08/2002-11/16/2002
- Alaric II and Carynsa, 05/31/2003-11/15/2003
- Brand and Nuala, 06/05/2004-11/13/2004
- Lieutenant, Dietrich III and Adriana II, 06/04/2005-11/12/2005
- Captain of the Guard & Royal Trailer Tower, Sven and Kolfinna, 06/03/2006-11/11/2006
- Captain of the Guard & Royal Trailer Tower, Drogo and Iðuna, 06/02/2007-11/10/2007
- Chivalry Adviser to the Guard, Royal Trailer Tower, Sven II and Kolfinna II, 11/08/2008-06/06/2009
- Companion, HRM Mora II Edward II and Mora II, 06/06/2009-11/07/2009
- Chivalry Advisor to the Guard, Conrad and Eleanor, 06/05/2010-11/06/2010
- Chivalry Advisor to the Guard, Edward III and Mora III, 06/04/2011-11/05/2011
- Kingdom Webwright's Office
- Captain of the Vanguard of Honor 2011 - 2012
- Event Autocrat for Lyondemere Anniversary, 2007
- Deputy Autocrat for Great Western War 2011, 2011
- Co-Autocrat for Great Western War 2012, 2012
- Web Mastering, Collegium Caidis Fall 2005
Projects and Publications
Crown Tournament Poems
|The Song of Drogo||AS XLI||Sir Drogo FitzWilliam|