Sven and Kolfinna
Sven and Kolfinna at their stepping up Coronation
Their Majesties, Sven and Kolfinna, were the 57th Crown of Caid. Their reign included all things Viking and silly Sven names. They reigned 06/03/2006-11/1/2006.
Viking era, specifically 9th century Danish from Hedeby.
From the November Crown Prints
The time has come to say goodbye. Thank you so much for allowing us to be your King and Queen for the last 5 months. During that time we traveled across the length and breadth of this Kingdom, as well as other Kingdoms, and met and interacted with as many Caidans as we could. Your enthusiasm and love, as well as your helpfulness and generosity, made the task a real pleasure. It was truly an honor to be allowed to serve you.
We greatly loved our time on the throne, but now it is time to step aside and let Edric and Faizeh take over. We have no doubt that you will be as kind and loving to them as you were to us.
There are so many people to thank that we can't begin to mention them all: All the Kingdom Officers, Barons and Baronesses and all of their officers who actually run this Kingdom of Ours, Our Court, Her Majesties Guard, and all the autocrats and other helpers at the events that We attended that made it look like we actually knew what we were doing. Special thanks to all the local chroniclers and heralds, whose hard labors make our groups work smoothly. Most importantly, thank you to the Populace of Caid, you are incredible.
LONG LIVE CAID!
- Sven, Konungr Caid (Soon to be Count Svenula)
- Kolfinna, Drottning Caid
- Completed a major revision of Kingdom Law, revision #12. Enacted the charter of the Hound Handlers of Caid.
- King’s Champion: Edward Senestre
- Queen’s Champion Archery: Robert Lanternsmith
- Queen’s Champion Armored Combat: Edric Aaron Hartwood
- Queen’s Champion Equestrian: Richard Surefoot Mallory
- Queen’s Champion Rapier: Darius Blackacre
- Queen’s Champion Youth Combat (6 & under): Christopher MacCrimmon
- Queen’s Champion Youth Combat (7-9): Antonius Maximus
- Queen’s Champion Youth Combat (10-12): Logan son of Killian
- Queen’s Champion Youth Combat (13-15): Kol of Al Sahid
|April 8||Crown Tournament||Barony of Dun Or|
|April 9||Privy Council||Barony of Dun Or|
|April 21-23||Treasure Chest War||Barony of Nordwache|
|April 29||Altavia Anniversary||Barony of Altavia|
|May 13||Darach Anniversary||Shire of Darach|
|May 26-28||Potrero War / Princesses Tea||Barony of Calafia|
|June 3||Coronation||Barony of Lyondemere|
|June 4||Queen’s Champion||Barony of Lyondemere|
|June 10||Principality of Caid Tournament||Barony of Altavia|
|June 12-18||Lilies War||Kingdom of Calontir|
|June 24||Gyldenholt Anniversary||Barony of Gyldenholt|
|July 1||CP Prize||Barony of the Angels|
|July 8||Heatherwyne Anniversary||Shire of Heatherwyne|
|July 9||Laurels Meeting|
|July 15||Carreg Wen Anniversary||Shire of Carreg Wen|
|July 16||Pelicans Meeting|
|July 22||Lyondemere Anniversary||Barony of Lyondemere|
|July 28-30||Darkwell War||Barony of Dun Or|
|August 5||Darach Pirate Tournament||Shire of Darach|
|August 12-20||Pennsic War||Kingdom of AEthelmearc|
|August 26||Festival of the Rose||Barony of Lyondemere|
|August 27||Chivalry Meeting|
|September 1-4||Western Seas Baronial Coronet||Barony of Western Seas|
|September 9||KWAR||Barony of Lyondemere|
|September 10||Law Meeting|
|September 16||Crown||Barony of Dreiburgen|
|September 17||Privy Council||Barony of Dreiburgen|
|September 30||Angels Anniversary||Barony of the Angels|
|October 8||Queen’s Champion Equestrian||Barony of Dreiburgen|
|October 14||Dun Or Anniversary||Barony of Dun Or|
|October 21||Dreiburgen Anniversary (Sven)||Barony of Dreiburgen|
|October 21||BoD Meeting (Kolfinna)|
|October 28-29||Estrella Treaty Negotiation||Kingdom of Atenveldt|
|November 4-5||Calafia Anniversary||Barony of Calafia|
|November 11||Coronation||Barony of Calafia|
- Sloths are a protected species in Caid, only Tigers may be allowed to hunt them.
- For Our viewing pleasure, We would prefer the fighting field to be divided such that We can watch both Armored Combat and Rapier from the Royal pavilion.
- The Sons of the Lorelei war band shall be known as the Sons of the “Thor”elei.
- Cheese Pizza is a holy meal and those groups who provide it to His Royal Majesty Sven at their local events shall be blessed.
- The Knights of the Privy (you know who you are!) shall always bear an item that emits a sweet and fresh aromatic scent.
Silly Sven Names
As published in the monthly Royals Column in the Crown Prints.
- His Slothiness (June 2006)
- Svenosaurus Rex (July 2006)
- Svenry the VIII (Aug 2006)
- Sventhur Pentdragon (Sept 2006)
- Holy Roman Svenperor (Oct 2006)
- Soon to be Count Svenula (Nov 2006)