Great Western War 2012
Great Western War - XV- Ragnarok
Great Western War XV
- Brief listing of major points of the day
- Award of Arms was received by Gurin Bodo
- Torquil Seamus and Tuathal Mac Crimthainn were welcomed into the Order of the Dolphin
- The Harp Argent was bestowed upon Countess Thaleia Lakedaimonia (Fiber Arts), Niccolo di Angelo (Garb, Woodworking, Shields), and Aelesia Marschal (Lamp Work (beads)
- Order of the Crescent welcomed Ciar ingen Daire and Mikhail of the Kuma
- Uilliam mór MacGregor was welcomed into the Order of the Gauntlet
- Enid Gwyr became a Companion in the Order of the Duellist
Thrown Weapons Results
There were 10 competitors, 6 - 8 and under, and 4 in the 9 to 12 year old range.
The winners for the youth were as follows:
- Top Score 9 to and up - 11 year old Dakota Pardovich
- Top Score 8 and under - 8 year old William of the Fall
Sat. was the Inter-Kingdom Challenge, there were 5 Kingdoms represented - Artemesia, Caid, The East, Outlands, and The West.
There were 13 competitors, the high scores for each Kingdom were as follows:
- Artemesia High Score - Sabin - 46 points
- Caid High Score - Angus 67 points
- The East High Score - "Rozi" 11 points
- Outlands High Score - Walter 61 points
- The West High Score - Ryan 29 points
The overall winner and keeper of the banner for the year until the next GWW Caid.
There was also an Ax tournament held by Angus Brude - "Take Your Pick" there were 6 competitors and Shamus was the winner.
On Sunday Chalice ran Axe and Estrogen, with 5 competitors, and the winner was Dyrfinna.
From the Crown Prints
Great Western War XV Tuesday, October 2nd through Monday October 8th 2012
They say 2012 is the end of the world! Mayans? No! Nostradamus? NO! VIKINGS!! Ragnarok! Come party like its seven hundred and ninety-nine...!!!!
Come one and all to Great Western War 15, Tuesday, October 2nd through Monday, October 8th 2012. Enjoy our wonderful site with green lawns, shade trees, lake breezes, and big blue skies at the Buena Vista Aquatic Recreational Area, 13601 Ironbark Rd, Taft, CA 93268. It is an easy drive over the hill to a lovely park where we have a large lakeside area all to ourselves.
So much to see and do!!! Archery and thrown weapons, hound coursing and A & S classes too! Youth Activities are needed! Volunteers are needed as well! Your stewards for GWW 15 are Ritter Augustine von Freiburg, OP, and Mistress Valla Luta Kolladottir Please see the website for details. 
- Viking Rose Tournament 2011
- Leave your memories here.
Add photos if we have them
|Go back||Go forward|
|Great Western War 2011||Great Western War 2013|
|Events of Caid|
|Events: 1970s, 1980s, 1990s, 2000s, 2010s, 2020s
Other Information: Results