Jason Griffiths of Shadowhyrst
Sable, a male griffin couchant Or upon a sword fesswise proper
Offices & Positions
- Kingdom Constable, 1977-7/1978
- Master of Sciences for Graywinds, 09/07/1977
- Champion of Darach, 03/01/1980-03/07/1981
- Deputy Earl Marshal, ?-06/1980
- Earl Marshal, 6/1980-01/11/1981
- Kingdom Seneschal, 2/1982-5/1982
- Ninth King of Caid with Natalya Gregorovna of Shadowhyrst, 05/29/1982-11/20/1982
- Kingdom Seneschal, 11/1982-5/1983
- Eleventh King of Caid with Natalya Gregorovna of Shadowhyrst, 05/28/1983-11/26/1983
- Fifteenth King of Caid with Isabel Antonia de Aranjuez, 06/01/1985-11/16/1985
Taught some classes at Collegium Caidis
Combat Massage with Master Duryen the Red
Weight Training for Fighters
Projects and Publications
Wrote articles for the Crown Prints as Mergatroyd the Merciless--1977-1979
Created the Seneschal's Procedures 1982.
Tryggvi Halftrollson who I knew from another hobby we participated in, invited me to an event in Califia where we both lived. As a student of history I was intrigued, and we became more regular attendees, at least in Califia.
Trygvii's artistic talents expressed themselves when he created his armour out of ABS plastic, which for a while we shared at the same event. When we had to fight each other, one of us did not answer the call and the other won the fight. This continued until I could get my own armour and we could both fight in a tournament without exchanging armour.
From James the Inconstant
- His Grace Duke Jason tells me I was the first person in the SCA to greet him. I can only plead insanity. Actually, I must admit a small bit of pride if my welcome influenced his decision to stick around. Among his many other accomplishments in the SCA he was objectively one of the two best fighters in the Kingdom of Caid for a full five years. Jason was the bridesmaid at Crown seven times in a row. That's right. Seven. Then he won the eighth Crown, reigned at the ninth, and won the tenth. Ten Crowns is five years. It should also be noted he won a third time four Crowns later. So, maybe more than five years. He's also a great guy.