Welcome to the Kingdom of Caid's Newcomer Site. The information you will find in these pages is written for the ladies and lords who have recently joined the Society of Creative Anachronism (SCA), as well as those who may be considering joining and would like to find more about the Current Middle Ages within the Kingdom of Caid. Those of you who already know their way through the Known World of the Current Middle Ages may find this site useful for general resource information, as it has many links to other SCA sites.
- Back In Time A short introduction to the SCA
- Getting Started in the SCA Basic information about what the SCA is about; what to expect, and how to start going about doing the things every SCA member does.
- Advanced Topics The things discussed here are for the newcomer who has read the Getting Started section, and perhaps been to one or two events.
- Resources and Information for Newcomers
Some of the Best Articles for Newcomers
You're new! Welcome! Now what? Where should you start? Here's a list of articles on the Caid wiki specifically that are great if you're just learning to get to know the SCA and our Kingdom here in particular.
- Sumptuary Laws - What's a law? What's a tradition? What sorts of things should I know about?
- Circlets and Coronets - Some information about what people are wearing on their heads
- Belt Colors - There's only ONE color reserved in Caid. There are some traditions about a few other colors.
- Unadorned Chains - Why would someone be wearing just a chain with nothing hanging from it?
- Order Robes and Peerage Cloaks - That cloak seems fancy, why's that?
- Award Cords - Sometimes you'll see ribbons or bands worn on arms or shoulders... Check out what they mean!
Links of Interest
- Resource Links A categorized list of links that might be of use to you in your research and exploration of the SCA.
- Articles of Interest
Webpages of Interest
- Society for Creative Anachronism (SCA) webpage
- Kingdom of Caid (Southern California) webpage
- Caid Newcomer's Guild webpage
|Officers of Caid|
|Offices: Crown, Arts & Sciences, Chatelaine, Chronicler, Constable, Exchequer, Herald, Lists, Marshal, Seneschal, Webwright, Youth|
Officer Groups: Army, College of Heralds, College of Scribes, Collegium Caidis, Crown Prints, Newcomers Guild, Water Bearer Guild
Other Information: Caidan Law, Greater Officer of State, Lesser Officer of State, Guilds, Officer Hierarchy, Privy Council