Apel von Mülln
Apel von Mülln
Sable, three ermine spots one and two Or and a point pointed Argent
Apel von Mülln, formerly Apel von Falkenau, joined the SCA in 2016, beginning as a newcomer in Gyldenholt. She now resides in Dreiburgen. Her artistic focus is 14th through 16th century costuming but she is also interested in Early and Late Period clothing and reconstruction, woodworking, period cooking, brewing, scribal, and more.
- 1 Associations
- 2 Offices, Positions, & Service
- 3 Event Staff
- 4 Awards & Honors
- 5 Competitions
- 6 Classes Taught
- 7 Photos
- 8 Projects & Publications
- Apprentice to Mistress Adelheit Schwarzenkatze
- Founding member of Das Freie Fähnlein
Offices, Positions, & Service
Royal Court Service
- Lady-in-Waiting to Their Royal Majesties Athanaric II and Sigriðr II, King and Queen of Caid (2018)
- Lady-in-Waiting to Their Royal Majesties Wilhelm II and Tsyra, King and Queen of Caid (2018)
- Lady-in-Waiting and Assistant Royal Clothier to Their Royal Majesties Agrippa III and Dawid, King and King Consort of Caid (2018)
- Lady-in-Waiting and Assistant Royal Clothier to Their Royal Majesties Adam and Stæina, King and Queen of Caid (2019)
- Lady-in-Waiting to Their Excellencies Ramvoldus and Kungund, Baron and Baroness of Dreiburgen (2021-present)
- See "Clothing for Others" Below
- Was commissioned by Mistress Caterucia Bice da Ghiacceto to sew a blue velvet and silver trimmed rapier cloak for the Defender of the Arts rapier champion for the 2018 Crescent Artisan competition. This cloak was presented to Their Majesties Pansa and Katherine at their coronation in 2021 to be used as regalia for future Defender of the Arts title holders.
- Prepared several period desserts for The Right Noble Upper Crust Guild luncheon fundraiser at Gyldenholt Anniversary, 2019. The object of the fundraiser was to raise enough to bring Hanna Tunberg, co-author of "An Early Meal- A Viking Age Cookbook and Culinary Odyssey," to be the guest speaker at the 2020 West Coast Culinary Symposium.
- Volunteered at the 2019 Irvine Girl Scout Day Camp "Rocking the Renaissance" event, where she taught Viking whipcord braiding.
Awards & Honors
- Award of Arms, February 2019
- Order of the Harp Argent (costuming), June 2020
- Order of the Towers of Dreiburgen, July 2021
- Crescent Artisan 2018: Period Pretzels, award: Golden Journeyman
- Dreiburgen Summer Arts 2021: 16th-century German Hemd with Pleatwork Embroidery, The Lengberg Castle "Bra," and 16th-century Slashed Swiss Gollar.
- "14th Century Self-stuffing Buttons," Great Western War XXI 2018
- "Intro to Fretwork Veils," Great Western War XXI 2019
Landsknecht March, Great Western War XXI, 2018.
Great Western War XXI, 2018.
"Good news from Estrella..." aka "Estrella War XXXV: Awaken the Kraken," Estrella War, 2019.
Projects & Publications
Clothing for Me
16th century linen Trossfrau, slashed wool hat, veil (Schleir), wool Gollar, and smocked apron, all hand-sewn with linen thread. Pictured here with Ludwig Hebenstreitz von Augsburg; photo by Wyatt D. Odd.
Clothing for Others
Hand-sewn Viking Period woolen underdress for HRM Stæina Hálfdanardóttir.