Caid Twelfth Night 2015
Medieval 12th Night
12 Night - A Day for Common Pleasures
- Event Stewards: Master Gulliver Blackrune & Master Donal O'Brien
- Chef de Cuisine Jamal Damien Marcus
- Kitchen Staff:
- Yssbell inghean Bhaltair
- Kora Aelfbairn
- Lorissa du Griffin
- Lina Kolladottir
- Mora de Buchanan
- Bridget Lucia Mackenzie
- Guene Annwyll
- Brianna Je Nell Aislynn of Blue Shadows, head table
- Rosie Blackrune
- Tyana Leberecht
- Liam, water bearer
- Edmund, scullery page
- Serafina, water bearer
- Duncan, water bearer
- Court Business: Baron Cormac Mór, Crescent Herald
- Bard of Caid Competition Coordinator: THLord William Walworth de Durham
From Master Gulliver Blackrune
12th Night 2015 is in the pages of history now. The Co-stewards would like thank everyone who pitched in to make the event a success. A lot of effort went into making the day a good one for the kingdom.
- Kudos to Master Jamal and his merry band for the great feast and the prompt and eager servers.
- Special thanks to Mistress Mary for the herculean efforts on the day and before with the site.
- Thanks to Master Martin for his great site tokens, feast tokens, and belt mounts. They will undoubtedly find their way onto garb, belts and bags, and into bauble boxes.
- Lastly, many thanks to Mistress Vivienne and Master Donal for things great and small too numerous to count
From the Crown Prints
Event description: A day for common pleasure. Bring the things you would like to share. Games, music, arts. Not a fancy day unless that's what you like. Come in comfortable and relaxing garb to share this day with friends both new and old.
- Court 11:00am
- Feast 4:00pm
- Site closes 8:00pm
- $6 for age 13 and above; 12 and under are guests of the Barony
- $14 for the feast; seating is limited
- On the table: Sliced & dried meats, cheeses, toast, dried fruit & mixed nuts
- Oxtail stew, steamed vegetables, bread & butter
- Roasted boneless beef short ribs, sauteed greens, armored turnips
- Roasted lamb with saffron rice, pistachios & golden raisins; green beans with almonds
- Dessert: Shortbread, lemon curd or jam, hippocras
Site: Riverside Elks Lodge #643, Riverside, CA
For more information: Facebook: 12th Night-A Day for Common Pleasures (and) Caid Kingdom Calendar
Bard of Caid
Bards of Caid,
The competition to determine the tenth Bard of Caid will be held at 12th Night, Saturday, January 3, 2014 in the Barony of Dreiburgen. As in the past, there shall be four performances by each participant:
- 1. Historically accurate: A performance of a piece from pre-1600 Europe or in that style. Please provide documentation for this piece, which can be either written, orally presented, or both. Please introduce the piece with a few words about why you chose it.
- 2. Bard's Choice: Traditionally your best piece with no subject or style constraints.
- 3. Theme piece: This year's theme will be any event, person, or occurrence in the current middle ages in Caid during the last two years (your choice). It is to be an original piece.
- 4. On-site compositions: Three words will be announced in the first hour of court at 12th night. The competitors will compose something on-site that will include those words.
- Bonus:There can be bonus points awarded in the judges" discretion for (a) displaying a breadth of bardic skills: original composition, musical ability (vocal and instrumental); (b) poetry, memorized recitation, stage performance, etc., and/or (c) connecting with the audience.
THIS IS AN INDIVIDUAL COMPETITION AND ONLY THE PARTICIPANT CAN PERFORM. NO ACCOMPANISTS, CHORUSES, OR OTHER GROUPS OR INDIVIDUALS MAY BE A PART OF THE PARTICIPANT'S PERFORMANCE.
Documentation is expected for Round One, and it is helpful for the judges to have some kind of documentation for the other pieces (can be written or oral.)
If there are any further questions, don't hesitate to ask.
Yours In Service, THLord William Walworth de Durham, Ninth Bard of Caid
- 10th Bard of Caid: Paul fitz Denis
Lord Levi ben Daniel
Mistress Ellyn of Tanwayour
Mistress Fia Naheed
10th Bard of Caid Competition (including Mistress Finella Harper in a magnificent headdress!)
Sous-Chef Lord Jason ap Griffin
Scrolls Presented at 12th Night
(Click scroll thumbnail for more information)
|Crescent of Caid||Allesaundra de Crosthwaite|
|Award of Arms||Angharat Goch verch Gwenhover|
|||Lux Caidis||Bridget Lucia Mackenzie|
|Crescent of Caid||Catherine Ainsdale of Lancashire|
|Crescent of Caid||Conall mac Séagháina|
|||Harp Argent||Deirdre Oilithreach|
|||Court Barony||Eridana Ambra Dragotta|
|||Laurel||Gwendolyn of Amberwood|
|Duellist||John James MacCrimmon|
|||Laurel||Morgan Arthur ap Llewellyn|
|Crescent of Caid||Tezar of Aeolis|
|Crescent of Caid||Tonwen ferch Gruffudd Aur|
|||Award of Arms||Wilhelm von Homburg|
|Go back||Go forward|
|Twelfth Night 2014||Twelfth Night 2016|
|Go back||Current Year||Go forward|
|Events 2014||Events 2015||Events 2016|
|Events of Caid|
|Events: 1970s, 1980s, 1990s, 2000s, 2010s, 2020s
Other Information: Results