Twelfth Night 2014
Twelfth Night 2014
- Event Steward: Lord Levi ben Daniel
- Feast: THL Sabyna of Aydon
- Merchants: Lady Jazlynne Marie Fairday
- Brief listing of major points of the day
- Award of Arms bestowed upon Kutaiba al-Azrak, Peregrine Smith, and Talan Tanki
- Order of the Dolphin welcomed Celeste d'Arles and Muirgen ingen Ailella
- Order of the Harp Argent welcomed David Whitaker
- Order of the Crescent welcomed Michael Treighie
- Court Barony bestowed upon Arianna Kateryn Nunneschild
- Lux Caidis bestowed upon Arianna di Zanchi
From the Crown Prints
Join us this day to celebrate the end of the Winter Festival and fill this day with much feasting, music, and joy. The Crescent Café will be there to help get your day started off right with baked goods and coffee. After Court we will enjoy the dulcet tones of amusing sto- ries of our Kingdom’s finest bards as they compete for the title of Bard of Caid.
Activities, Contests, and Competitions:
- Bard of Caid Competition
- Crescent Café (Coffee Bar and Bake sale)
- Constable’s lost and found auction
- Dancing (Run by THL Maluchka Korotkova)
- Games (Chess, Checkers, Backgammon)
- Largess Competition (Run by Lord Tiberius Finn)
- Photo Booth (Sponsored by the Academy of St. Veronica)
- Raffle (Two entries into Potreo, Two Feast Comps, Seam ripper, and more)
- Gate will open at 8:00am
- Opening Court will begin at 10:00
- Feast will begin at 5:00pm
- Site Closes at 9:00, We must be offsite at this time
Merchants are welcome. Please contact Lady Jazlynne Marie Fairday
Bard of Caid Rules As in the past, there shall be four performances: 1. Historically accurate – A performance of a piece from pre-1600 Europe or in that style. 2. Bard’s Choice – traditionally your best piece free from any subject or style constraints. 3. Theme piece – This year’s theme will be announced at Coronation. It will be circulated to electronic lists after that announcement. 4. On-site composition – Three words will be announced in the first hour of court at 12th night. The competitors will compose something on-site that will include those words. • Bonus – In the past there have been bonus words given, but as everyone finds a way to use them, it has become a fairly self-leveling bonus. Instead I offer a bonus for display- ing a breadth of bardic skills: original composition, musical ability (vocal and instrumental,) poetry, memorized recita-tion, stage performance, etc. Documentation is expected for round one, and it is help- ful for the judges to have some kind of documentation for the other pieces. If there are any further questions, don’t hesitate to ask.
SWAGAPALOOZA – A largess Competition 12th Night has always been an awesome event here in CAID, and this year we are adding another fun event to the schedule. The Largesse SWAGAPALOOZA!!
Details: Anyone can participate, and you will need to create 12 Items based on a theme. The theme is up to you, so now is your time to be creative! Examples can be "Friday Night Crafting, or 14th Century Garb Accessories". Remember that this is not an Arts and Sciences Competition, so items do not need to be documented, but if you have done a re-creation, please include that information on the tag!
Please make sure that all items entered must be tagged correctly, so that we know who to thank, and where each item belongs.
Each Entry will be provided with a Cup and a Name Tag, then people will come by and drop a Token in the Cup. The Winner of the SWAGAPALOOZA is the entrant with the most tokens in their cup.
What do you win?? The Winner of the SWAGAPALOOZA will get One Item from each of the other Competitors! Because 12 Items can be a lot for those who may not be skilled in the Largesse making arts, we are accepting Group Entries!
Thank you in advance to everyone who enters and for being a part of The Dream!
12th night will be located at: First Lutheran Church – Trinity Center, 1410 Foot Hill Dr, Vista, CA 92084
- Non members – $15.00
- Members - $10.00
- Children 7-12 years old: $5.00
- Children 6 years old and younger will be guests of the Barony
- Lunch $5
- Feast - $12
- Merchant fee is $20.00 (includes one entry)
- Make checks payable to: SCA Inc./Barony of Calafia
- Leave your memories here.
Add photos if we have them 12th Night 2014 Scrolls for wiki
(Click scroll thumbnail for more information)
|Award of Arms||Alexander Kallidokos|
|Lux Caidis||Cara Michelle DuValier|
|Duchy||Cassandra Zoë Paganel|
|Harp Argent||Catherine Aimeri de Winter|
|Lux Caidis||Catherine Aimeri de Winter|
|Award of Arms||Fiona Julienne nic Lowry|
|Lux Caidis||Jamal Damien Marcus|
|Dolphin||John James MacCrimmon|
|Crescent of Caid||Kelvin of Tynedale|
|Harp Argent||Levi ben Daniel|
|Crescent of Caid||Luzia da Silva|
|Harp Argent||Morgana Ferrari|
|Award of Arms||Nicholas the Archer|
|White Scarf||Oliver Dogberry|
- Links to photo galleries, West Kingdom History page, etc.
|Go back||Go forward|
|Twelfth Night 2013||Caid Twelfth Night 2015|
|Go back||Current Year||Go forward|
|Events 2013||Events 2014||Events 2015|