Twelfth Night 2012
- Sponsoring Group: :Barony of Calafia
- Event Steward:: Alastar the Coursayre
- Deputy Steward: Sabyna of Aydon
- Feast: THL Parlane of Glenord
- Þorfinnr brimill was presented a Harp Argent for Metalworking
- Sárán mac Duinn inducted into the Order of the Dolphin
- Rudaba al-Nahdiya was given an Award of Arms
From the Online Calendar
Location: Lake Side Rodeo Grounds
Address: 12584 Mapleview Street, Lakeside, CA 92040
Directions to the event: From the North: from either I-5 or I-15 going south, take Hwy 52 East. At the end of Hwy 52, take the left hand exit to Hwy 67 North. The freeway will come to an end at a stoplight. Turn right onto Mapleview. The event site will be on your left, about midblock. From El Centro: Take I-8 west to Hwy 67 North and following previous directions. From the Coast: Take I-8 east Hwy 67 North and following previous directions. Maplink: http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl
Event description: Come one, come all, and come see the colors of Caid! Join us this day to celebrate the end of the Winter Festival! We have celebrated much in the time since All Hallows Eve but now we must bid fare-thee-well until next year. Let us make this final night of merry making the best of all! Come dressed in your best and show off your personal heraldry as well as your Baronial Spirit! There will be much feasting, music, and joy. By carriage, by horse or by foot, find your way to the Lakeside Rodeo grounds and join the Barony of Calafia in this Pageant of Heraldry!
Contests and Competitions: Bard of Caid (time TBD after Court) Best Representation of Personal Heraldry (Garb or banner) Table Decorating Contest (To reflect a heraldic theme)
There will be a coffee bar and bakery goods available in the morning for a donation. Lunch will be available for $5.00. The traditional Constable’s lost and found auction will occur in the afternoon.
A sumptuous feast is being prepared by THL Parlane of Glenord. Please email 12thNightFeast@sca-caid.org for reservations or to volunteer to serve (servers will be fed before the feast and only pay ½ price) . A revel to include dancing lead by Master Thomas Brownwell will follow. Due to Site Restrictions please all glass and stoneware MUST be kept indoors or in the patio area. This is a dry site.
Merchants are welcome, if you interested in merchanting, please email email@example.com Merchants will be placed on concrete, stand alone day shades are suggested. Merchant Fee is $20 (includes one entry)
- Members – $7.00, Non members – $12.00
- Children 8-12 years old : $5.00
- Children 7 years old and younger will be guests of the Barony.
- Feast - $12
- Merchant fee is $20.00 (includes one entry)
Make checks payable to: SCA Inc./Barony of Calafia
- 1st humus, pita, veggies
- 2nd sausages, bone marrow and toast
- 3rd fennel pear and beet salad
- 4th wild rice
- 5th roast chicken de provance
- 6th onion soup
- 7th red potatoes roasted
- 8th pork roast stuffed with cranberries, nuts, herbs
- 9th mix vegetable sauté
- 10th cinnamon soup
- 11th berries, cream and shortbread
- Leave your memories here.
Add photos if we have them
- Links to photo galleries, West Kingdom History page, etc.
|Go back||Go forward|
|Twelfth Night 2011||Twelfth Night 2013|
|Events of Caid|
|Events: 1970s, 1980s, 1990s, 2000s, 2010s, 2020s
Other Information: Results