Mini-Collegium Feb 1980
Needle Arts, held at "Saint Lucy's" (First Methodist Church of Inglewood, Inglewood, CA)
- Event Stewards: Mistress Bjo of Griffin
- Registrar: Master Alewaulfe the Red
- Housing: Mistress Gabrielle nicChlurain
From the Crown Prints
BRING STANDARD SEWING EQUIPMENT: The usual scissors, pins & pin cushion, tape measure & sewing basket notions will be of use in most classes. All other supplies, materials & booklets will be on hand to purchase (or will be handouts for classes, depending) a the Collegium.
Machine & Richelieu Embroidery Classes: Need zig-zag sewing machines. If you have one to loan, contact Master Alewaulfe the Red.
Needle Arts Display: Please bring your own & friend's (SCA or mundane) special needle arts projects to show off for Saturday evening. Items may be offered for sale, if desired, with a 10% commission to COLLEGIUM CAIDIS. Pass the word to others in your area, please.
FOOD: There are several fast-food places within walk of the church. Coffee & tea will be available during the day but no food will be fixed at the church except hot drinks. Sack lunchs may be put in the refrigerator at the church.
Sat. Feb. 23
- 8am-9am: How to Set Up Your Sewing Room & Library, Natalya Gregorovna of Shadowhyrst
- 9am-11am: Beginning Needlepoint, Natalya Gregorovna of Shadowhyrst
- 9am-1pm: Beginning Crochet, Bevin Fraser of Stirling and Amsha al Sirhan
- 11am-1pm: Blackwork, Amadea da Strada Dragonessa
- 2pm-4pm: Basic Embroidery Lyrel-Phillipa of Eden's Hall
- 2pm-6pm: Beginning Bargello Huette Aliza von und zu Ährens und Mechthildberg
- 2pm-6pm: Richelieu by Machine Alewaulfe the Red
- 2pm-6pm: Beginning Counted Cross Stitch Kristin Alfhildr of Trondheim
- 8pm-11pm: An evening of needle arts displays & sales, dance lessons & a demonstration of making bobbin (or pillow) lace. Light refreshments will be served. Students & non-students of this session are invited. $1.50 per person at the door.
Sun, Feb. 24
- 10am: Special tour of a local Super Yarn Mart with introduction to threads & yarns
- 1pm-3pm: Decorative Beadwork, Antonia Leonora Dragonsrun de Beaumont
- 1pm-3pm: Tatting, Alacya Daveraugh
- 1pm-3pm: Finish Your Costume with Needlework, Giesele Hildegaard of the Mystic Dragon
- 3pm-5pm: Charting & Graphic for Needlework, Giesele Hildegaard of the Mystic Dragon
- 1pm-5pm: Machine Embroidery, Alewaulfe the Red
- 1pm-5pm: Advanced Bargello, Huette Aliza von und zu Ährens und Mechthildberg
The Children of the Silver Crescent are invited to the NEEDLE ARTS COLLEGIUM on Feb. 23-24. Classes designed by Lady Mairi-Kathleen nic Lauren will include making a small embroidered purse; beading a belt; embellingshing a satin Easter Egg; crewel stitching a badge; needlepointing a pin-cushion. A trip to a Textile Museum is also planned, plus other interesting diversions for active minds & bodies.
This is NOT a baby-sitting service; children will be expected to register for classes & pay attention to instructions. There will be a reprise of Saturday's lessons on Sunday to allow time to complete projects & obtain teachers' assistance.
Volunteers to help small hands manage needles & thread, follow instructions & maintain classes are needed. Volunteer docents for the museum trip are also needed. Contact Bjo of Griffin if you wish to help with this project of integrating the Children of the Silver Crescent into Collegium Caidis.
All children of Caid are considered to be part of the Silver Crescent; all that is required is your attendance & interest.
Sat, Feb. 23
- 9am-11am: Needlepoint/Beading for Children
- 11am-1pm: Trip to L.A. County Museum of Science & Industry (for children only) - bring a sack lunch
- 2pm-4pm: Embroidery/Crewel for Childen
- 4pm-6pm: Games & Diversions for Children
Sun, Feb. 24
- 1pm-3pm: Continuation of Lessons & Projects from Saturday
- 3pm-5pm: Games & Diversions for Children
- Please feel free to add memories to this section.
|Go back||Current Year||Go forward|
|Events 1979||Events 1980||Events 1981|
|Events of Caid|
|Events: 1970s, 1980s, 1990s, 2000s, 2010s, 2020s
Other Information: Results