Kingdom 12th Night & Winter Coronation 2017
- Facebook page: Caid Coronation/12th Night
- Site: Porterville Veterans Memorial Building, 1900 W Olive Ave, Porterville, CA 93257
- Building opens at 9:00 am for event seating, and closes at 9:00 pm
- Directions to the event: From CA-99 N take exit 30 toward CA-65 N/Porterville. Follow CA-65 N to W Olive Ave in Porterville. From CA-99 S take exit 77 toward Tipton/Avenue 152. Turn right onto Burnett Rd and then turn right onto Ave 152/Olive St.
- There will be a Dirty Dozen Largesse competition during Coronation. Look for more information on that competition on Facebook. Both Coronation and Twelfth Night Feast will be held at the Porterville Veterans Memorial Building.
- Queen's Champion will follow the next day at the Porterville Sports Complex.
- Adult Member Registration is $10, Adult Registration $15, child ages 6-11 $5, Children under 6 are guests of the Barony.
- Feast registration: $15 per person. Make check payable to: SCA Inc./Barony of the Nordwache. Feast seating is limited to 130.
12th Night Feast Menu
Theme: German 13th Century to 16th Century
- On the table: Cheese, bread, butters and liverwurst .
- First Remove
- Heidenische küchen (Heathen Cakes) - minced meat pie
- Cucummern (Cucumber Salad)
- Second Remove
- Vngerische Käeßsuppen (Hungarian Cheese Soup)
- Third Remove
- Gút Schweinebraten (Good Roast Pork)
- Hærræ Salsæ (Sauce for the Lords) - Cinnamon Sauce
- Brat Ruben (Fried Root Vegetables)
- Fourth Remove
- Pomerantzen Salat (Sour Orange Salad)
- Torten von Epffel (Apple Tart)
- Beverages: Hippocras, water, coffee, tea
Please let the Chef know if you require a vegetarian option
- Laureling of Mistress Colette de Montpellier
- Elevation to the Order of Defense of Eógan Ua Confraích
- Al-Caid and Lady Caid paraded into court on a chariot preceded by horns, percussionists, dancers, palm-frond-beauties, conquered riches, gladiatori, senators and legions (well. A small legion at least).
From the Crown Prints
(Personal information removed)
- Leave your memories here.
Scrolls Presented at Coronation
Thanks to Theonis de Zeeuwe for taking pictures!
(Click scroll thumbnail for more information)
|White Scarf||Alexander Baird|
|Court Barony||Bridget Lucia Mackenzie|
|Laurel scroll (Done as a book) (See more pictures on Thomas Brownwell’s page||Catherine Adrienne de Steele|
|Award of Arms||Chamayn of Castile|
|Duchy||Chamayn of Castile|
|Laurel||Colette de Montpellier|
|Award of Arms||Elizabeth de Avenbury|
|Lux Caidis||Ellyn of Tanwayour|
|Award of Arms||Felix Selwyn|
|Knight||Francesc Miguel Joaquim Inacio|
|Dolphin||Giuseppe Francesco da Borgia|
|Award of Arms||Katla Hasse|
|Master of Defense||Kelan McBride of Arainn|
|Award of Arms||Ketill rauðskeggr|
|Crescent of Caid||Ketill rauðskeggr|
|Award of Arms||Lorenzo di Vita|
|Knight||Omar ibn Haroun Al-Askari Al-Rumi|
|Harp Argent||Teleri of Gwynedd|
|Court Barony||Thea Gabrielle Northernridge|
|Court Barony||Thomas Brownwell|
|Go back||Current Year||Go forward|
|Events 2016||Events 2017||Events 2018|
|Events of Caid|
|Events: 1970s, 1980s, 1990s, 2000s, 2010s, 2020s
Other Information: Results