Gerhart von Altenberg
Lozengy sable and argent, a chevron inverted gules
Graf Gerhart is a Knight and a Laurel for his skill at Pewtering.
Previously he was known by the name Gerhart of Cynnabar.
He was elevated to the Order of the Chivalry on April 18, 1992 by Comar and Lisa, King and Queen of the Middle. He was elevated to the Order of the Laurel on November 11, 2006 by Sven and Kolfinna, King and Queen of Caid.
Offices and Positions
- Fiftieth King of Caid with Una Orcadiana, 11/16/2002-05/31/2003
- Minister of Arts & Sciences for Lyondemere (before relocating to Darach)
- History of the Medieval Pilgrim's Badge, Collegium Caidis Spring 2003
- Intermediate Pewter casting, Collegium Caidis Fall 2004
- Pewter-in & Leather-up, Collegium Caidis Spring 2005
- Intermediate Pewter Demo, Collegium Caidis Fall 2006
For Drogo and Iðuna
For Edward and Mora
For Sven II and Kolfinna II. A Crowned 'M' standing for Maria the 'Queen of Heaven'. The crowned 'M' was the most popular of the many letter badges during the middle ages. The 'M' was thought to invoke protection from maria and the crown was a 'lucky charm'. This sort of badge could be thought of combining 2 charms into one. 100 copies reproduced in lead free pewter by Meister Gerhart Graf v. Altenberg. A Lead tin Crowned 'M' 1375-1425 from Middle Europe. P. Van Wanzeele collection: catalog #Afb 972. Found on page 312 of Heilig en Profaan 1. ISBN 90.9006769-8