Æsa Geiradóttir bláskeggs
THL Æsa Geiradottír blàskegg
Quarterly sable and gules, three dragonflies in pall heads to center and a bordure embattled argent
This name is registered as an alternate name under the main name Roxanne de Audley.
AEsa passed away on January 10th, 2019 after a fight with breast cancer.
Baroness AEsa Geiradottir blaskeggs is a Norsewoman hailing from somewhere between the 8th and 9th century. Her passions include ceramics, glass bead making, inkle weaving, spinning (drop spindle and wheel), dyeing, knitting, basic leather working, and embroidery. She is known for her beautiful early period clothing which she sews by hand, and she often can be found making clothes for others as gifts.
- Previously known as Roxanne de Audley and Roxanne Audi
Offices & Positions
- Deputy Chronicler, Nordwache
- Lady in Waiting, Nordwache, Joseph and Caroline, 11/21/1992-11/01/1997
- Lady in Waiting, Nordwache, Mahmud and Portia, 11/01/1997-11/16/2002
- Lady in Waiting, Nordwache, Mahmud and Alexandra, 11/16/2002-10/06/2007
- Mistress of the Lists, Nordwache, early 2000s
- Deputy Minister of Arts & Sciences, Nordwache, 2013-2015
- Deputy Herald, Nordwache, 2013-2015
- Lady in Waiting, Angels, Uilliam and Fara, 09/12/2015-present
- Royal Page, TRM Edric and Albra, 05/18/1996-10/02/1996
- Lady in Waiting and Assistant Royal Clothier, TRM Joseph and Caroline, 06/07/1997-11/01/1997
- Lady in Waiting and Assistant Royal Clothier, TRM Francesc and Seanach, 06/12/1999-11/20/1999
- Lady in Waiting, TRM Ivan V and Ciar Lasse, 11/18/2000-06/02/2001
- Lady in Waiting, TRM Agrippa and Bridget, 06/07/2014-11/02/2014
- Lady in Waiting, TRM Athanaric and Sigriðr, 06/06/2015-01/09/2016
- Lady in Waiting, TRH Ozmund and Marisa, 07/16/2016-
- Queen's Grace Elizabeth III Atenveldt 2018-12-01
- Signum Reginae Tsyra AM2018-06-23
- Crown's Favor Hans & Helga West 2018-05-05
- le Beau Coeur Nordwache Augmentation 2018-04-28
- Harp Argent Textile Decoration 2018-04-14
- Princess' Favor Gwyneth Mists, West 2017-11-04
- Rose Leaf West 2017-07-08
- Court Barony AM2017-01-07
- Signum Reginae Marisa AM2017-01-07
- le Coeur Noble Nordwache 2016-10-22
- Royal Recognition of Excellence Noteworthy Image Enhancement AM2016-01-09
- Crescent 2014-06-14
- Lux Caidis costuming 2001-04-28
- Dolphin of Caid 2000-02-26
- Legion of Courtesy Seanach 1999-06-19
- le Beau Coeur Nordwache Costuming 1998-12-05
- Harp Argent costuming 1998-06-27
- Fenix d'Or Nordwache 1997-12-06
- le Beau Coeur Nordwache Pottery 1996-11-16
- Award of Arms 1994-04-23
- Norse/Viking Seam Treatment - Nordwache Academia 2014
- 2 Cotehardie workshops in the last five years in Nordwache
- Various stamping demos and classes in Caid
- Skjoldehamn hood construction
Projects & Publications
- Assisted in sewing TRM Francesc and Seanach's Coronation and Queen's Champion garments, 06/12-13/1999
- Created Byzantine style garb for TRM Alaric and Kissa, 06/02/2001-11/17/2001
- Created coronation garb for TRM Athanaric and Sigriðr and the Royal Children, 06/06/2015
- Seamstress for Baron Mahmud Ali ben Sinan, 11/01/1997-11/01/2015
Click on scroll thumbnail for more information
- Monthly textile workshops (fitting people for clothing, drafting patterns, etc.), 2000-2004
- Weekly sewing workshops, Nordwache, throughout 2015
- Project Workshops (coinciding with fighter practice), Nordwache, throughout 2015
From Master Beorn of the Northern Sea
(Æsa's Memorial Laudatory Verse)
I have seen the strongest swordsmen : when facing their mortal finality,
Shatter like un-slaked steel : and fall to the Unmaker in despair.
Tell you I shall of the slip-of-a-Sif, : of how she bent as the willow bough
How she fought the Unmaker : for her partner and for her sons!
Long now had Æsa faced her foe : Flesh-Eater, Widow-Maker, Death-Bringer.
Woven with laughter and bravery; : warping of courage, weft of stubbornness.
Sturdily surrounded by loved ones, : a Shield-Wall of compassion; solid and secure
Flesh-Eater was patient and pervasive : Never seen, always felt, staying in shadows.
Cared she for her beloved men-folk : and they for her: partner, mother, friend.
Into Winter, though still her summer, : woke she to see the Flesh-Eater standing fast
Though she was surrounded by love, : the Unmaker stood, bold as brass, and drew breath
The battle of banter back and forth : between shield-maiden and sinister striker:
“Little lady, you cannot evade me,
I will invade your flesh and bone.
Just as you enter, so shall you leave,
You will end your life alone…”
“I do not fear you, long I’ve been near you,
If you think you’ve won, you’re wrong.
You may cease my breath and still my heart
But you’ll never stop my song!”
Marked they one and the other, : Foes for all time they shall always be,
The Unmaker faded fast from sight, : Æsa smiled grimly and settled herself.
Sword in hand, sweet lady lay still : the battle over, though the war remained.
Sons and lover, stern and sorrowful : standing still and holding one another close.
Here is Æsa, fashioner of fabric, : Here is Æsa, crafter of clothes,
Here is Æsa, builder of the beautiful, : Here is Æsa, merry mother of mirth
Here is Æsa, lover of lostboys : Here is Æsa, mother, companion and friend
There is Sleipnir, eight-legged steed, : carrying aloft to the Valhall our Æsa!
Loved ones, who are the foes of the Unmaker, live your life well. Make yours an existence that the skalds race to carve runes into the Tree of Life for all to see. An existence like Æsa!
Beorn of the Northern Sea fashioned these words in honor of the memory of Baroness Æsa Geiradóttir bláskeggs
- Please feel free to add memories to this section.