Dreiburgen Anniversary 2004
Dreiburgen Anniversary was attended by approximately 130 people, 32 stayed for the feast and 9 camped the night.
From the Crown Prints
Dreiburgen “Pearls Before Swine” Anniversary
The Barony of Dreiburgen is 30!! (Wow, we don’t look 30, but what does 30 look like, anayway?) Please come and join us as we look back at thirty years in the making, and to a wondrous future yet to be crafted.
Site: We will gather in the cool foothills of our fair Barony at the recently refurbished Yucaipa Regional Park, 33900 Oak Glen Road, Yucaipa, CA 92399.
Activities for the day include the now traditional gauntlet tourney for both rapier and heavy fighters, boffers for the youngsters, and a new event added in honor of our equestrian friends — horse shoe throwing. There will also be a People's Prise arts and sciences event, with the theme of the day being Pearls — best use of, best display of, best depiction of, or whatever. We're 30 — we want pearls!
Additionally, Tannenberg Hall will be sponsoring a Best Buns (baking) contest. Participants must use as period a cooking/baking method as possible ON SITE to bake rolls, breads, cakes, muffins or whatever. Period recipes a plus and documentation is encouraged. All entries will then be added to our feast in the evening, so plan to feed 8-10 people with your creation.
And speaking of feast, the Barony will be providing roast beast, breads and drink for the evenings repast and we invite and encourage everyone who plans on attending to also bring a dish to share that will complement what is already on the menu. Please forward reservations to our attention by October 15. And should the day grow long and the conversations linger, feel free to stay the night, as camping is allowed: per park rules, no ground fires, and use only the designated fire rings or BBQ's only.
Merchants are welcome and must have their usual license to satisfy the state and local authorities. The park has graciously waived any merchanting fees, so merchants need only fork over the same as everyone else!
Schedule for the Event:
Saturday October 23.
- 8:00 am Gate opens
- 9:00 am Lists open
- 10:00 am Opening court (Lists close 15 min. after court ends)
- 4:00 pm Closing court
- 6-9:30 pm Feast
- 10:00 pm Those not camping must be off site
Sunday October 24.
- Noon Site closes
Event fees: Day Only: $5:00 per person, 12 years and under guests of the Barony.
Day + Feast: $10:00 per person, 12 years and under $2.50 each.
Day + Feast + Camping: $13.00 per person, 12 and under $5.50.
There is a family cap of $50 for the whole event. Non-members add an additional $3.00 per person to the above.
Make checks payable to: "SCA, Inc./Barony of Dreiburgen"
Directions: Take the 10 freeway East from San Bernardino, go past Redlands to the Yucaipa Blvd. exit. At the top of the ramp turn North (left if coming from San Bernardino, right if coming from the east). Travel to Oak Glenn Road and turn left. The park will be on the left after approximately 1 1/2 miles. [map]
- Royal Recognition of Excellence - Dreiburgen
- Award of Arms - Cáelfind ingen hui Ruaircc
- Award of Arms - Gaius Marius Cingetorix
- Award of Arms - Ismay Ponde
- Award of Arms - Maridonna Dolce da Perugia
- Award of Arms - Mika MacTaggart
- Award of Arms - Ránulfr Þorfinnsson
- Award of Arms - Rolf MacPherson
- Award of Arms - Sean MacTaggart
- Award of Arms - William of the Forest
- Harp Argent - Elspeth Charissa aus Reinwald
- Harp Argent – Killian MacTaggart
- Harp Argent - Elisabetta Malipiero
- Dolphin - Qara Unegen
- Dolphin - Vincenzo Pasquale d'Anza
- Dolphin - Vivienne Duval
- Crescent Sword – Leonard of Orange
- Crescent - Theresia diu Harpfærîn
- Crescent - Jamal Damien Marcus
- Crescent - Muirghein Dhaire
- Crescent - Elana Blakefenn
- Crescent - Yvon Bater of Darkwood
- Crescent - Marie Elaine de Womwell
- Lux Caidis - Paganus Grimlove
- Chiron - Roger Wells the Dragon's Bane
- Chiron - Yvon Bater of Darkwood
- Towers of Dreiburgen - Rhys ap Morgan ap Martin
- Leave your memories here.
Add photos if we have them
|Go back||Go forward|
|Dreiburgen Anniversary 2003||Dreiburgen Anniversary 2005|
|Events of Caid|
| Events: 1970s, 1980s, 1990s, 2000s, 2010s
Other Information: Results