Marie Elaine de Womwell
Marie Elaine de Womwell at Dreiburgen Yule 2008
Argent goutty azure, on a pale gules three fleurs-de-lis argent
Marie Elaine de Womwell
Offices & Positions
- Herald,Mons Draconis, 11/1995-10/25/08
- Deputy Herald, Mons Draconis, 10/25/08-Present
- Kingdom Chatelaine, ? - 01/2009
- Lady in Waiting, Ívarr and Elyn, Baron and Baroness of Dreiburgen, 10/25/08-6/27/2009
- Blue Mountain Macer (herald) Dreiburgen, 2009-12/04/10
- Event Stewart: Dreiburgen Yule 1999, 12/11/1999
- Event Steward: Mons Draconis Anniversary 2001, 05/05-06/2001
- Event Steward: Dreiburgen Summer Arts, 07/19/2003
- Co-Event Steward, with Bartholomew Gwaltrudd O'Cullaighne, Spring Tournament Dreiburgen 2009, 02/28/2009
- Surviving Your First Year in the SCA, Collegium Caidis Spring 2006, Collegium Caidis Fall 2006, Collegium Caidis Spring 2007, Collegium Caidis Fall 2008
- How to Develop Your Persona, Collegium Caidis Spring 2006, Collegium Caidis Fall 2006, Collegium Caidis Spring 2007, Collegium Caidis Fall 2008
Projects & Publications
Obituary/Notice of Passing/Transition
(Excerpt from a posting on the Kingdom of Caid Facebook group)
Lifelong student and teacher, Marie Tovaas, aka Marie de Womwell, graduated from the University of Life on Sunday, November 5th 2017 at 2:49 p.m. Her degree in Philosophy of Life was bestowed ad Honorem Summa cum Laude. Her Bachelor’s degree in Biology was from San Diego State University and her Nursing degree was earned at Southwestern College in Chula Vista California.
Marie was the Honorable Lady Marie Elaine de Womwell in the Society for Creative Anachronism. She earned the Lux Caidis (fiber) as well as the Harp Argent, the Crescent as well as Dolphin, the Legion of Courtesy, an Award of Arms, the Towers of Dreiburgen and the Illuminated Tower of Dreiburgen, and she loved to share her knowledge with everyone, whether on the train, or in the Grocery store, or in classes for her arts.
Marie was passionately in love with Dinosaurs, Astronomy, all of Life, Knitting, Human Industry, Fiber, especially lace and socks, the Spirit and her Lodge, Science, her children and grand-children, and their associated parents, her extended family, her heritage and all of history, the Society for Creative anachronism, her work her employer and her co-workers as a Registered Nurse, Wicca and the Goddess, and me. To my knowledge all those loves were reciprocated.
- Please feel free to add memories to this section.