Grainne ingen Lasrach
Grainne at Estrella 2009
Argent, two comets inverted gules, on a chief sable three estoiles argent
Dona Grainne ingen Lasrach was made a Companion of the White Scarf of Caid by Edward II and Mora II, October 10, 2009. When waving around a rapier, she has an alternate late period persona named Grace O'Kennaith.
- "Grainne" is pronounced "Gran-yah"
- Original SCA name was Grace O Kenaith
Offices & Positions
- co-Site Liaison (with Lady Mealla Caimbeul), Collegium Caidis Fall 2004
- Rapier, Great Western War 2017
- DeGrassi 101, Collegium Caidis Spring 2004
- Rapier Marshaling 101, Collegium Caidis Spring 2007
- Teaching a drill, It's EASY!, Collegium Caidis Fall 2008
- Marshalling Rapier Melees, Collegium Caidis Fall 2008
- Introduction To diGrassi, Collegium Caidis 2009
Projects & Publications
Quoth Grace: "I am actively looking for students interested in working to improve their fencing and developing as a fighter. I feel I can offer the most to the fighter who isn't a natural athlete but has to work hard for every bit of skill since that's been my own experience. My teaching style focuses on footwork, blade mechanics, and repetition, building up sequences and training options so that muscle memory is trained. While I'm familiar with and adaptable to many period styles, I don't teach any specific style exclusively. On the other hand, I'm happy to casually help anyone whenever there is time available. While I personally focus on melees, I train individual combat first and melee techniques second. If someone is interested in melee techniques, command, and strategy, I'm happy to help. I generally try to make Gyldenholt and Lyondemere practices and can arrange to make the Noe College practice (Monday) easily. I am willing to travel to Sunday practice in Calafia or Darach on an occasional basis."