2. Don Colyn versus Mealla Fall QC 2009
Per chevron purpure and gules, a chevron and in base the astrological symbol of Venus argent.
THLady Mealla Caimbeul. Mealla started playing in the barony of Gyldenholt and now resides in the barony of Lyondemere. She is an active fencer and rapier marshal. She is also a bit of a dabbler in Art and Science, with a penchant for cooking, singing and sewing. While her persona is from 16th-Century Scotland, she enjoys almost all regions and time-periods within the SCA, and enjoys dressing accordingly.
Meala Caimbeul keeps a manor in the Caimbeul lands of Islay, Scotland; under the regin of James V. She also runs the a Gaming Parlor, The Widow's Hand. While her husband is oft away at court or campaign, she is happy to host almost any who desire hospitality as they travel. Whenever possible, she enjoys wintering on the continent. When duty calls, she will bear arms as a member of the Third Auxiliary Dragoons.
Mealla passed on her birthday, May 12, 2018 of acute leukemia.
Offices & Positions
- Gyldenholt Art & Science Champion, 6/2003
- Gyldenholt Rapier Marshal, ?-?
- Lyondemere Rapier Marshal, ?-?
- Sergynt of Lyondemere, ?-?
- Gyldenholt Sergeant, ?-?
- Central Regional Provost Marshal, ?-Present
- Bard of Dun Or, 7/2007 - 10/2008
- Lyondemere Minister of Art and Science, 07/2007-07/2009
- Guard for Sven II and Kolfinna II, 11/2008-6/2009
- Bard of Altavia, 12/2009-12/2010
- Bard of Caid, 1/2013-1/2014
- Bellows Pursuivant, 7/2016-1/2018
- co-Site Liaison (with THL Grainne ingen Lasrach), Collegium Caidis Fall 2004
- Site Scout: Coronation and Queen's Champion Sven and Kolfinna, 2006
- Event Steward: Known World Acadamy of the Rapier, 2006
- Hotel Liaison: Known World Heraldic Symposium, 2007
- Event Steward: Lyondemere Yule, 12/6/2008
- Co-event steward: Lyondemere Anniversary 2015, 7/11/2015
- Light Weapons Archery, Collegium Caidis Spring 2002
- Rapier 101 - Introduction To Rapier, Collegium Caidis Fall 2005
- Anatomy of a Rapier Tournament, Collegium Caidis Fall 2006
- Introduction to SCA Fencing (Rapier 101), Collegium Caidis Fall 2006
- Rapier 101, Collegium Caidis Spring 2007
- Food Preservation Without Ice, Collegium Caidis Fall 2008
- Historic Rapier for the Rest of Us, Collegium Caidis Fall 2008
- Piquet - 15th Century Card Game For Two Players, Collegium Caidis Fall 2008
- Spear Wrap-up Round-Table, Collegium Caidis 2011
- Cards & Dice Or What To Do With A Collection Of Shiny Objects., Collegium Caidis 2011
- Spear Round Table Discussion, Collegium Caidis 2013
- All About Spears, Talon Crescent War 2015
- Advanced Court Dance, Highland War XXIII, 2015
- Cut & Thrust Workshop, Talon Crescent War 2016
- Member of Team Lyondemere, 2009
Households and Affiliations
So, what's with the pink?
A long time ago Meala was in a non-SCA fighting group where she was the only woman with solid participation - thus earning her the nickname "woman." She took to wearing pink to fighter practice to emphasize the nickname. As she became involved with the SCA, the pink stuck, and the name changed to "The Pink Lady of Caid." I do not dress like that modernly, nor is pink my favorite color - it is a long joke of the tough fighter chick who wears pink. Everyone has to have a gimmick, I guess.
Projects & Publications
|Award of Arms||Einrik von Houwinstein|
|Detail of Award of Arms||Einrik von Houwinstein|
|Award of Arms||Erwin Bloodaxe|
|Master of Defense||Kelan McBride of Arainn|
|Detail of Master of Defense||Kelan McBride of Arainn|
|Duellist||Lorenzo di Vita|
|Harp Argent||Elizabeth de Avenbury|
|White Scarf||Alexander Kallidokos|
Traveling Back Home to Caid
Holing Space for Crown Poems