Aldgytha of Ashwood
Per saltire gules and sable, four roses argent barbed and seeded proper.
Baroness Aldgytha of AshwoodRRE, OP OL is a second-generation SCA member (as well as Pelican), who has participated in all walks of life of the SCA from service to arts to fighting. She is the daughter of Baron Aldred von Lechsend aus Froschheim, OP and Baroness Melasandra Sandifer, OP. Her daughter Chiara is a third-generation Caidan.
On 01/23/2016 she took William Ulfsson as an apprentice and protege, and on 02/24/2017 she took Demetrius of Crete as an apprentice.
- Previously known as Aldgytha of the Misty Glen.
She was born 921 in Jórvík. Her father Ealdred accepted service with Ragnall ua Ímair after his conquest of Jórvík. Widowed when her husband fell in a raid, she resides on her estate of Ashwood, where she spends much of her time weaving.
Offices & Positions
- File Clerk for the corporate archives of the SCA 2002-present
- List Officer-at-Large, Caid, 01/1998-present
- Deputy Kingdom Exchequer, Caid, 06/04/2005-present
- Deputy Kingdom Seneschal, Disaster Relief for Caid, 09/02/2006-present
- Kingdom Exchequer, Caid, 05/31/2003-06/04/2005
- Deputy Exchequer, Great Western War 11/2005-11/2007
Lady in Waiting
Kings Chief Lady in Waiting
- Deputy Exchequer, Dreiburgen 2016-Present
- Exchequer, Dreiburgen 2011-2016
- Head of Culinary Guild, Dreiburgen 2010-2013
- Deputy Baronial Arts & Sciences, Dreiburgen 1994-1995
- Baronial Lists Officer, Starkhafn 10/1995-10/11/1997
- Baronial Seneschal, Starkhafn 10/11/1997-03/2001
- Baronial Rapier Marshal, Starkhafn, 3/2001-10/2001
- Deputy Baronial Exchequer: Gate, Al-Barran, Kingdom of the Outlands
- Baronial Exchequer, Gyldenholt, 1/25/2003-5/31/2003
- Exchequer 101, Collegium Caidis Fall 2004, Collegium Caidis Spring 2005, Collegium Caidis Fall 2005, Collegium Caidis 2018
- Brocaded Card Weaving, Collegium Caidis 2009, Collegium Caidis 2018
- Split Pack Saxon Braid (Card Weaving), Collegium Caidis 2010
- Card Weaving 101 & Open Workshop, Collegium Caidis 2010 taught with Bridget Lucia MacKenzie, & Meliora Deverel
- Card Weaving 102, Collegium Caidis 2011, Collegium Caidis 2012
- Basic Card Weaving, Highland War XXIII, 2015
- Norse seam treatment class, Highland War XXIII, 2015
- Tall vs Short, Known World Academy of the Rapier - Atenveldt April 1995 taught with Caitríona Ghabhalfhada
- Fighting Garb, Known World Academy of the Rapier - Artemisia September 2000 taught with Thomas Edward Dudley
- Female Fighter Round Table - Panel member, Known World Academy of the Rapier - Caid September 2006
- 3/1 Twill (Card Weaving)
- Two-hole Pebbleweave (Card Weaving)
- Norse Hair
- Posaments, Calafia Viking Guild 2016, Collegium Caidis 2017, Nordwache Academia 2016, Atenveldt Highlands 2017, Outlands Battlemoor 2017.
- Nalbinding, Nordwache Academia 2016, Outlands Battlemoor 2017.
|Estrella 25 Grand Court Outfit Trim for Sven II and Kolfinna II. Cardweaving Double Faced weave.|
|Belt made for Trifona Anastasiia Dodovicha. Inkle with floats and drops.|
|Personal Trim for apron.|
|Personal black and yellow trim for apron (front and back shown).|
|Gift for Klaus von Mainz|
|Diagonals and Diamonds|
|Gulf Wars 2009 Largess for An Tir. Cardwoven variation of Egyptian Diagonals.|
|Belt for Ismay of Giggleswick|
|Donation piece for the Lance and Carla Burn Fund Support Raffle at Winter Crown 2009. Cardweaving loosely based on Pora's Birka Strapwork recipe.|
|Bedouin belt made for Morgana. This is made to match a picture of an existing piece. Inkle with cardwoven ends, tassels, and cowrey shells|
|Belt made for Rørik Sverðmaðr. Inkle with floats and drops.|
|Trim for Sven II and Kolfinna II stepping up outfits at Fall Coronation 2008. Double rams horn.|
|Inkle woven belt for Thurston.|
|Wulfric Thjostolfsson's new Vanguard of Honor cord. Inkle with floats.|
|Laurel||Ciar ingen Dáire|