Winter Crown 2009
TRM Sven II and Kolfinna II welcome their heirs Edward II and Mora II with hugs.
This is the first Crown Tournament held in March. The date was moved to provide additional time for the Crown Prince and Princess to prepare for Coronation.
- Edward II and Mora II become Prince and Princess of Caid. See Results Winter Crown 2009 for full fighter breakdown.
- Eilidh Swann made a Court Baroness
- Teleri of Gwynedd asked to join the Order of the Laurel.
- Lance and Carla Burn Fund Support Raffle held and to great success.
From the Crown Prints
Their Majesties Sven and Kolfinna call upon the Populace of Caid to bring forth their finest pageantry and join them for a tournament to determine the Heirs to the Throne of Caid.
The Shire of al-Sahid invites all of the Kingdom of Caid to attend and cheer on all the worthy warriors and their lovely consorts for the honor of becoming the new Heirs.
Once again we will enjoy the green grasses of the desert and the afternoon breeze at Schmidt Park in the City of Victorville, California.
Announcement of Entrants
Unto the populace of Caid do Sven and Kolfinna, King and Queen of Caid, send greetings,
We are proud to announce the following entrants for Our Crown tournament taking place this Saturday in the Shire of Al-Sahid. We look forward to the tournament and know that our heirs will be most loved by Our populace.
- Duke Dietrich von Vogelsang fights for Duchess Adriana von Vogelsang
- Count Edward Senestre fights for Countess Mora de Buchanan
- Count Francesc Miguel Joaquim Inacio fights for Countess Seanach an tSeanachaidhe
- Baron Gareth Nikodemos Somerset fights for THL Ciar ingen Dáire
- Baron Jamal Damien Marcus fights for Baroness Éowyn Amberdrake
- Baron Killian MacTaggart fights for Baroness Teka Turmanov
- Baron Rhys Ravenscroft fights for Viscountess Jimena Montoya
- Sir Hálfdan Haraldsson fights for Lady Nonne Reerdan
- Sir Ian Edwardson fights for Viscountess Lorissa du Griffin
- Sir Mansur ibn al-Sha'bi ibn Rafi' fights for Baroness Eilidh na Tire Dharigh
- Sir Mathias de Maldegem fights for Countess Carynsa Leland of Roseberry
- Sir Mons von Goarshausen fights for THL Arianna Kateryn Nunneschild
- Sir Ragnar of Sandcastle fights for Countess Trifona Anastasiia Dodovicha
- Sir William de Rouen fights for Lady Hélène de Lyon
- Countess Battista de Lagos fights for Baron Kelan McBride of Arainn
- Viscountess Jimena Montoya fights for Baron Rhys Ravenscroft
- Baron Aonarrach Faol MagUidhir fights for Lady Fatinah a Zarqua al Rakassah
- THL Alexander Baird fights for Baroness Robynne the Grey
- THL Blaine de Navarré fights for Baroness Aldgytha of Ashwood
- THL Ciar ingen Dáire fights for Baron Gareth Nikodemos Somerset
- THL Gunnar Jørgensen fights for Countess Kissa Irminwhit
- THL Mikhail of the Kuma fights for Mistress Bridget Lucia Mackenzie
- THL Rudolph Fekter fights for THL Amicia Sennet de Bruges
- THL Simon Montgumery fights for Mistress Margaret Hepburn of Ardrossan
- THL Thorin vorðr Ó Séaghdha fights for Lady Iseabail nee Bhatar
- Lord Agrippa Morris fights for Countess Albra Katerine Marie Isabelle Bautiste
- Lord Asa Jarnkjoptr fights for m'Lady Daniela Svell Kottr
- Lord Fergal MacCome fights for Lady Jocelyn d' Eisgney
- Lord Iohannes ap Gwylim Pengrych fights for Lady Sariah of Yggdrasil House
- Lord Pátraic Ó Ceallaigh fights for Lady Rutilia Fausta
- Lord Sechequr Qara fights for Lady Helga Iden dohtir
- Lord Þorfinnr brimill fights for m'Lady Yamina al-Zahara' bint Hatim
Sven II and Kolfinna II
King and Queen of Caid
- Please feel free to add your memories of this event.
From Lachlan of Cromarty
- Baron John ap Griffin, heralding Jamal and Éowyn into final round made a little error. Rather than stating that Jamal had been King's Champion for Edric V, he instead said "Edward II". Prophetic?
- The two fights of the final round were remarkably similar. Jamal attempted to close distance, and Edward stayed at range. Both fighters got several shots through their opponent's guard, but each time they struck only with the tips of the sword and could cause no wound. Eventually, Edward struck a blow to Jamal's right leg. Thereafter, Edward was again cautious about closing range, but once he did, he stepped past Jamal's shield to the right and rained blows down upon his helm. In the first round, the momentum of the assault had Jamal leaning on his grounded shield, so he could not fall to the ground. He could only verbally acknowledge the blows.
- Edward and Mora chose to immediately receive their wreaths of rosemary and roses upon the list field, rather than waiting for closing court.
- This was tiny Miranda's first event.
|TRM Sven II and Kolfinna II welcome their heirs Edward II and Mora II with hugs.|
|Mora, Edward, Kolfinna and Sven pose together.|
|The entrants on the unbelted side|
|The entrants on the belted side|
For more photos, see:
- Photos from Lady Rutilia
- Photos from Lady Halla
- Photos from THL Martin
- Photos from Baroness Gwenna
- Photos from Lord Pierre
- Photos from Ludwig (Broken link - 5/4/2010)
|Events of Caid|
| Events: 1970s, 1980s, 1990s, 2000s, 2010s
Other Information: Results