Medieval Marketplace 2012
Medieval Marketplace 2012
- Event Steward(s): THL Tomaso da Barbiano, and THL Catharine Hawkwod da Barbiano
- Merchant Steward: Mistress Flavia Beatrice Carmigniani
From Their Excellencies
- Her Royal Majesty, Queen Eilidh, for gracing us with Her presence
- The Merchants who brought all their wonderful wares
- THL Catharine Hawkwod da Barbiano and THL Tomaso da Barbiano, Event stewards
- THL Tomaso and Lady Ysenda MacLaren of Perthshire for taking care of Gate
- Maestra Flavia Beatrice Carmigniani, Merchant Event Steward
- Lady Amanda Januaria of Silver Woods, Lists Mistress
- Baron John ap Griffin, our Herald, and for helping with set-up
- Lady Kathryn du Griffin for helping with set-up
- Viscountess Lorissa du Griffin for helping with set-up
- Duchess Mora de Buchanan for helping with set-up
- Lady Fu Ching Lan for helping with set-up and Baron-Baroness wrangling
- Lady Arianna Foxford for helping with set-up, Baron-Baroness wrangling, and making a beautiful favor for the Champion of the Merchants
- Corinna de la Mare for helping with set-up and Baron-Baroness wrangling
- Lord Ioan Breaksword for setting up the eric and being Marshal for the day
- THL Reinhardt Medebruer for serving as the Constable for the day
- Lady Cecilia Medici for serving as our Chirurgeon of the day
- To all those who helped with set-up and tear down
- And to everyone who joined us in shopping and socializing on such a beautiful day!
Congratulations to His Grace, Duke Edward Senestre, the new Champion of the Merchants!
Yours in service, Peter and Gabrielle
From Maestra Flavia
Greetings from Maestra Flavia Beatrice Carmigniani, Merchant Steward -
Baroness Morgaine FitzStephen, the Barony of the Angels Merchant Steward, has been busy with her writing and her book autographing (good for her!) so I have acted as her Deputy for the past two events.
I have had experience as Merchant Liaison for the 20th and the 25th Year Celebrations of the SCA, both of which had a lot of merchants. This year, Medieval Marketplace had 20 merchants who were some of the best I've ever worked with. They cheerfully arrived in good time, quickly set up, and got ready to sell. Though attendance was smaller than expected, the merchants did not complain. Instead, they thanked me for facilitating their being at the event.
Several of the merchants had physical problems that required some assistance, and they got help from some very willing volunteers. Thanks to all who helped: Meistr John ap Griffin, Lady Kathryn du Griffin, Viscountess Lorissa du Griffin, Lady Fu Ching Lan, Corinna de la Mare, THL Catharine Hawkwod da Barbiano, and whoever I've forgotten.
Fiber PlayDay, an extra activity at many events, nearly didn't happen at Medieval Marketplace due to the illness of the organizers. However, the fiber vendors, plus an attending inkle weaver, made Fiber PlayDay work by demonstrating spinning and plying in their own booths. Several thrilled children learned everything from kumihimo to spinning their own yarn. Many thanks to Eye of the Dragon, To-Ply Fiber, Half Moon Hollow Fiber, and CaySwann for creating even more facets to Medieval Marketplace.
Her Majesty visited Medieval Marketplace for the sole purpose of shopping. Most of the merchants were known to her in her capacity as Merchant Steward for Great Western War, so she was greeted happily by these merchants. The new merchants were introduced to Her Majesty, and she took note of them for future GWW selling.
I was thoroughly taken care of in the Angels shade by Lady Fu Ching Lan and Corinna de La Mare, who sat me down every chance they got and plied me with water and snacks. It was a good day in many ways. I am looking forward to next year's Medieval Marketplace. -- Flavia
From the Crown Prints
- Event Stewards: THL Tomaso da Barbiano, and THL Catharine Hawkwod da Barbiano
- Merchant Contact: Mistress Flavia Beatrice Carmigniani
8am - 5apm. Kuns Park. 1600 Bonita Ave, La Verne, CA 91750.
Site Fee: $7.00 members, NMS $3.00, Children $3.00 - under age 5 are guests of the barony.
- Leave your memories here.
Add photos if we have them
- Links to photo galleries, West Kingdom History page, etc.
|Go back||Go forward|
|Medieval Marketplace 2011||Medieval Marketplace 2013|
|Events of Caid|
|Events: 1970s, 1980s, 1990s, 2000s, 2010s, 2020s
Other Information: Results