Edwinna of Hawk's Bluff
Mistress Edwinna weaves
AZ, 3 spinning wheels with the spindles to dexter argent
Mistress Edwinna of Hawk's Bluff was awarded the Laurel for spinning/weaving, and the Pelican for service, both in the Kingdom of the West.
Offices & Positions
- A&S Officer for the Canton of Gallavally, 1996
- Laurel webwright, 2006-2010
- Chronicler for the Barony of Dreiburgen, ?/?/?-?/?/?
- Exchequer of the Canton of Gallavally, 2008
- Webwright for the Canton of Gallavally, 2010
- Webwright for the Barony of Dreiburgen, ?/?/?-?/?/?
- Companion for Edward II and Mora II, 6/6/2009-11/7/2009
- Edwinna's Coptic embroidery, Collegium Caidis Spring 2003
- Four Harness Loom, Collegium Caidis 2011
- Carding Fiber for Handspinning, Great Western War 2015
- Wool Preparation for Handspinning, Great Western War 2015
Edwinna passed on March 30, 2016.
Mistress Thea shared a piece of Edwinna's advice: "If you're not weaving mistakes, you're not weaving enough."
While I was still Seneschal of the Canton of Gallavally, Edwinna made an appearance at one of our Cantonal meetings. She was quiet and reserved. After a few meetings more, the Cantonal office of Arts officer came open and she volunteered. I thought she was a newcomer. I began to explain the duties of the office and those things that I thought that might be difficult for a newcomer to deal with. She smiled warmly and allowed me to finish. She then introduced herself with full titles, and said, "I think I understand the duties of an Arts Officer." Well, of course she did and I gave her the office, and she performed splendidly. She never seemed to make a big fuss about being one of the only Peers in our Canton, or being a Peer at all. She just personified the best of what a Peer should be, quietly and with grace. ~ Eadwynne of Runedun