Gallavally Anniversary 1988
Their Majesties Dietrich and Déshivé
Gallavally Anniversary was attended by approximately 70 SCA members ant 15 groups and Pavilions. The event was held in conjunction with SJHS Ren-Faire. There were 5 (1 Belted) fighters in the lists. The lists consisted of a double elimination round robin and a triple elimination
From the Crown Prints
On May 21, the first annual anniversary of the Canton of Gallavally will be held in cooperation with San Jacinto High School’s Elizabethan Faire, a fund-raising event for the school’s fine arts department. (last year we did a small demo and they loved us so much they made a donation.)
Where: San Jacinto High School
- 8:00 a.m. Site opens
- 8:30 a.m. – Lists opens
- 10:00 a.m. – Opening Court
- 11:00 a.m. – Lists begin
- 6:00 p.m. – Pot luck banquet
- 12:00 a.m. – Site Closes
We are encouraging an Elizabethan aire to the day. Planned events include:
- Doubled-elimination heavy-weapons list – with prizes for the winner and consort.
- Archery – not IKAC – with a shoot the fighter competition.
- Gallavally’s favorite – Knight Identification, second edition.
- On the spot Poetry writing.
- Coloring contest for the smalls.
- Drawing contest for the not so smalls.
- Best Death and most heart-rendering mourning, so the widows can show their champions their sadness.
A quest/treasure hunt is being planned for during the day. Games will include: hunker-hauser and Icelandic shotput.
As Gallavally is a newly populated area of the kingdom, we do not yet have a Patron Saint(ess). Nominations for canonization, as the Patron Saint of Gallavally will be judged by the populace. Be sure to include justification for why the candidate is particularly appropriate for Gallavally.
Since there are almost NO restaurants in the area, we are having a Pot luck banquet. The Canton of Gallavally is providing the meat, so bring your favorite veggie, fruit, Dessert, ??, and your feast gear.
The revel will be in the San Jacinto High School gymnasium. A parade of head-dresses is planned during the revel. (So that means it will be judged upon your head.) In fine Caidan Tradition there will be two categories, Pre-1450 and Post-1450.
The winner of the heavy weapons list will receive a Jeager dagger. Mearchant are welcome at this event.
- Dolphin – Aldred von Lechsend aus Froschheim
- Award of Arms – Elizabeth Scott of Berwick
- Award of Arms – Paganus Grimlove
- Towers of Dreiburgen – Elizabeth Scott of Berwick
- Towers of Dreiburgen – Illuminada Eugenia de Guadalupe y Godoy
- Winner: John ap Gwyndaf of Holdingford
- Finalists: Sir Dietrich the left Handed
- Leave your memories here.
Add photos if we have them
|Go back||Go forward|
|[]||Gallavally Anniversary 1989|
|Events of Caid|
| Events: 1970s, 1980s, 1990s, 2000s, 2010s, 2020s
Other Information: Results