Dreiburgen Summer Event 2005
Dreiburgen Summer Arts and Festival of the Rose
Their Majesties Dietrich III and Adriana II
From the Crown Prints
Dreiburgen Summer Arts & History Symposium and Ladies Champion Tourney Bold text
Festival of the Rose
Saturday July 9, 2005
Pray ‘tend Good Gentles! The Barony of Dreiburgen does invite one and all to the celabration of the Festival of the Rose in honor of Her Majesty Adriana von Vogelsang. Join us amidst the shade of the old growth trees for a day designed to celebrate “Women in the Middle Ages”, and Her Majesty’s birthday.
Schedule of the Day:
- 8:00 am Site opens for Populace
- 8:30 am Opening Court
- Upon Tourney final Closing Court
- 6:00 pm Site Closes
Overview of the Day
In addition to celebrating our beloved Queen, the focus of the day is on women of both the past and the Current Middle Ages. Ladies of the Realm have been invited to share their knowledge on topics relating to women historically, artistically and martially.
- We will begin with 2 “Focus on History” Sessions, with two Presenters each session. A Tea, as well as birthday cake for Her Majesty, will be served to all during the second session.
- There will be a half an hour “Special Presentation” after lunch given by Sir Kolfinna kottr.
- Next, the “Hands-on Art Demonstration” portions of the day will begin with each Presenter giving a 10 – 15 minute oral Instruction to the art she will be teaching; followed by the demonstration where these fine ladies will perform, teach and discuss their art forms. This is an open session whereby the attendees can spend as much time with many Presenters ass they choose. The Focus on History Presenters will also be available for discourse during this time.
- Performing for Her Majesty: Her Majesty Adriana does invite the bards of the Realm to perform for Her this day. Prepare a short piece to present during the hands-on portion of the day.
- Contest & Displays: Contest include: “Women in History”, try and name as many famous per-1600 women as possible (extra points for knowing why they are famous); “The Most Favored”, vie to be the Gentleman who wins the most ‘tokens of favor’ from the assembled Ladies; and “The Ladies A&S Competition”, which will showcase the skill of our female artisans.
- We will also have an A&S Display area for the artisans of Caid to display their work, in honor of Her Majesty Adriana. All are encouraged to participate.
- Ladies Champion Tourney: For those more martially inclined, there will be a Heavies tourney! To enter the List you must either be, or be sponsored by, a Lady. One generous female may sponsor more than one Fighter. Female fighters enter the tourney with two lives, the men with one. One may earn another life earlier in the day by providing service to the beautiful women of Caid. There will be ample opportunities to help throughout the event!
- Fundraisers: plans include a “Donational lunch, and a “Book of the Day” which will contain short articles and/or course hand-outs from each of the Presenters.
Schedule of Activities:
- 9:00 – 10:00 am Focus on history – Session #1
- 9:00 – 9:30 am Women in Early Period, Vikings: Lady Una de Fairmount
- 9:31 – 10:00 am Women in Armour, the Past: Sir Kolfinna kottr
- 10:00 – 10:20 am Break #1
- 10:20 – 11:20 am Focus on History – Session #2; Tea & Birthday cake is served
- 10:20 – 10:50 am Eleanor of Aquitaine: Her Excellency Robynne the Grey
- 10:51 – 11:20 am Women in Late Period, Ladies of New Spain: THLady Illuminada Eugenia de Guadalupe y Godoy
- 11:21 am – Noon Break #2
- 11:30 am – Noon Special Presentation – Women in Armor, the present: Sir Kolfinna kottr
- Noon Lists Close
- Noon - 3:00 pm Hands-on Art Demonstration
- Noon – 1:00 pm Introduction to the Arts
- 12:30 pm Final Ladies Champion Tourney
- 1:00 pm – Complete Preforming Art Presentations to Her Majesty Adriana von Vogelsang
- 1:01 pm – 3:00 pm Hands-on Arts Open Session, Presenter Discussion
- 3:00 – 3:00 pm Break #3 – Contests Judged
- Dolphin - Arianwen ariant verch Gruffud ap Rhys
- Dolphin – Brennos ap Doolin
- Dolphin – Elisabetta Malipiero
- Harp Argent – Elana Blakefenn
- Leave your memories here.
Add photos if we have them
Women in Armour by Sir Kolfinna kottr
Eleanor of Aquitaine by Baroness Robynne the Grey
- Links to photo galleries, West Kingdom History page, etc.
|Go back||Go forward|
|Dreiburgen Summer Event 2004||Dreiburgen Summer Event 2006|
|Events of Caid|
| Events: 1970s, 1980s, 1990s, 2000s, 2010s
Other Information: Results