Ceara ingen Chonaill
Per chevron azure and vert, a chevron enhanced Or and in base a compass rose argent.
Baroness Ceara ingen Chonaill, OP
- 1 Persona
- 2 Offices & Positions
- 3 Culinary Projects
- 4 Clothing Projects
- 5 Cooking with pottery
- 6 Court Service
- 7 Event Staff
- 8 Projects
- 9 Classes Taught
- 10 Competitions
- 11 Interests
Ceara was born in 1275 in Melrose Abbey in Roxburgshire in Scotland north of the English border. Her mother died when she was 11, then raised by her father along with her older brother James. Her father died in the Battle of Fallkirk in 1298 and her brother passed away in the Battle of Bannockburn. Though Scottish, Ceara wed an English squire, Richard Clerke of Rowanwood. She sees him when she can since they are on opposite sides of the war. She lives in the region of Peebleshire, Scotland.
Her modern person, joined the SCA in 1997 in the Barony of Gyldenholt; however, she lived the great adventure in the Shire of Pont Alarch, Crown Principality of Insulae Draconis, Drachenwald from Aug. 2004 through Aug. 2007. She returned home to Gyldenholt and lived a happy life of adventures until she moved to the Kingdom of An Tir in late 2017.
Mistress Ceara's honors can be viewed here: here
Offices & Positions
- Baronial Exchequer of Gyldenholt 1999-2001
- Baronial Seneschal of Gyldenholt 2002-2004
- Guildmistress, Right Noble Guild Upper Crust (Gyldenholt's cooking group) 08/2010- 7/2017
- Sexton Gyldenholt 6/2011-10/2017
Ceara has an active cookery blog located at: http://cearasformeofcookery.blogspot.com/?m=0
- Member of the Right Noble Upper Crust Team, Potrero Siege Cook-Off Winners, 2010
- Member of the Right Noble Upper Crust Team, Potrero Siege Cook-Off Winners, 2011
- Member of the Three Sisters Catering Team, Lyondemere Cast Iron Chef Winners, 2012
- Judge for Lyondemere Cast Iron Chef competition, 2013 and 2014
Cristal Fleur de la Mer
Mistress Cristal in a dress, made for her by Baroness Ceara for Mistress Christal's elevation to the status of Laurel. The suit gown with tippet sleeves lined in fur and detachable under sleeves with pewter buttons.
Sven IV and Cassandra II
This was the stepping down clothing for Sven IV and Cassandra II from Their second Reign. Her Majesties underskirt was made by Her Majesty however the red silk dress with fur lined sleeves and forepart were made by Ceara. His Majesty's red silk sleeveless Henrecian jerkin and gold silk straight sleeve doublet were also made by Ceara.
Kimono's made for Sensei Asakura's elevation to the order of the Laurel. The base is a white kimono, covered with a gold kimono and topped off with a burgundy kimono with gold laurel wreaths. They are closed with a gold silk belt as what would have been worn by the merchant class.
Cooking with pottery
The lower halves of medieval pottery were not glazed. The potters considered it necessary only to glaze where the contents might seep through or touch. All styles shown are all from Yorkshire, England.
A collection of serving jugs. (L to R): (1) A personal sized water or wine jug, (2) a larger serving or storage jug, (3) a narrow jar which would have been used in a kitchen, probably for storage of olive oil and (4) a Raspberry jug, known for the raspberries on the shoulders of the serving pitcher.
- Lady in Waiting to Their Excellencies Patrick O'Malley of Ulidia and Kara the Twin of Kelton, 11/2011-08/2012
- Lady in Waiting to TRM Mansur and Eilidh, 08/2012-06/2013
- Lady in Waiting to TRM Sven IV and Cassandra II, 06/2013-08/2013
- Chief Lady in Waiting to Their Excellencies Ursul and Colette of Gyldenholt, 06/2010-06/2012
- Beck and Call Girl to Their Excellencies Giles and Giuseppe of Gyldenholt, 06/2012-06/2014
- Chief Lady in Waiting to Their Excellencies Giles and Giuseppe of Gyldenholt, 06/2014-12/2014
- Chamberlain to Their Excellencies Ilia and Vitasha of Gyldenholt, 06/2016-6/2017
- Queen's Champion Event Steward, Spring 2002
- Gyldenholt Yule, Event Steward, 2003
- Protectors Feast, Feast Steward, 2006, Shire of Pont Alarch, Crown Principality of Insulae Draconis, Drachenwald
- Queen's Champion, Event Steward, Fall 2009
- Gyldenholt Anniversary, Co-Event Steward, 2013
- Gyldenholt Anniversary, Co-Feast Steward, 2013
- West Coast Culinary Symposium, Caid, Event Steward, 2014
- Gyldenholt/Lyondemere Yule, Event Steward 2016
She has an active cooking blog located at: http://cearasformeofcookery.blogspot.com
Ceara is busy translating the Forme of Cury into modern English and will cook every recipe.
She has attended the West Coast Culinary Symposium for several years and has been the chief assistant on several feasts in Caid.
She has also been in charge of several lunches for the Populace of Caid.
Head cook for Fall Coronation 2014, German meal
Judge for Lyondemere Cast Iron Chef competition, 2013 and 2014
Head Cook for Gyldenholt/Lyondemere Yule 2016, Russian meal
- Caparisons-Horse Barding Queen's Champion Equestrian Tourney Spring 2003
- Let's Make Mustard Great Western War 2008 and Great Western War 2009
- Pottery for Children Great Western War 2010 and Great Western War 2011
- Easy Period Lunches, Collegium Caidis 2011
- Let's Make Mustard Great Western War 2013 and Great Western War 2014
- Bread: from Field to Table Collegium Caidis 2013
- How to butcher a chicken Upper Crust 2013, 2014
- Medieval Aprons Upper Crust 2015
- Let's Make Mustard West Coast Culinary Symposium 2013 in An Tir
- How to build a Tudor dress from the Chemise up: Series Gyldenholt Summer/Fall 2013
- Cooking with Wild Game, West Coast Culinary Symposium March 2014 Caid
- Knife Skills West Coast Culinary Symposium March 2014 Caid
- Knife Skills Collegium Caidis 2014
- Knife Skills West Coast Culinary Symposium 2015 West
- Bread Basics Collegium Caidis 2015
- Making Modern Food Medieval, An Tir-West War 2015
- Medieval Aprons West Coast Culinary Symposium March 2016 An Tir
- Hot Water Crusts Upper Crust 2017
- Bread Basics West Coast Culinary Symposium April 2017 Caid
- Aprons through the AgesWest Coast Culinary Symposium April 2017 Caid
- 2nd Place Journeyman, Culinary Arts: Sweets (Comodores (fig pastry))
- 1st Place Journeyman, Fiber Arts: Period Construction (Men's 14C suit(chauses, braies, shirt, coat, hat)
- 1st Place Apprentice, Functional Arts: Games or Toys (Fish Trap)
- 2nd Place Journeyman, Visual Arts: Ceramics: Functional (Kitchen Ceramics display)
- 2nd Place Journeyman, Fiber, Period Construction: (Felt Slippers)
- 1st Place Journeyman, Culinary Arts: Sweets (Rosee (custard))
- 1st Place Journeyman, Fiber Arts: Costume Review (Katherine Parr Dress)
- 1st Place Journeyman, Ceramics Functional (Seal Jug)
- 1st Place Apprentice, Fiber Arts: Hats (French Hood)
Cooking,pottery, sewing of just about anything: mainly 14th and early 16th century English clothing. Anything 14th century English and the Tudor Period. Ceara, in the past was authorized in Rapier, Archery, Equestrian and is a former Equestrian Marshall.--