Great Western War 2013
Great Western War - XVI
- Brief listing of major points of the day
- Ciar ingen Dáire welcomed into the Order of the Laurel
- Niccolo d'Angelo and Uilliam mór MacGregor welcomed into the Order of Chivalry
- Ceridwen Killian welcomed into the Order of the Pelican
- Anekāstrasya Bai, Dmitri of Altavia, Natasha of Altavia received Award of Arms
- Avenel Kellough and Bronwyn McKay Kellough received the Royal Recognition of Excellence
- Lux Caidis bestowed upon Dananir al-Attarah (Perfumery) and Medb ingen Echuid (Costuming)
- Crescent Sword received by Nestor of the Myrmidons
- Nathaniel Longbow received the Argent Arrow
- Luca Serafini da Firenze received the Order of the Harp Argent (Costuming)
From the Crown Prints
Great Western War (GWW) is the major camping event in the Kingdom of Caid, SCA for Southern CA, Vegas NV, and Hawaii. The 16th GWW will to be held Oct 9-14, 2013. The event is held at Buena Vista Aquatic Recreational Area, 13601 Ironbark Rd, Taft, CA 93268. It is an easy drive over the hill (north of Los Angeles, over the grapevine I-5) to a lovely park where we have a large lakeside area all to ourselves.
“War Through the Ages”
Rather than focus down on one specific time period, we have decided to highlight four major periods in European history.
Some of our members have a vast knowledge of the Roman period, while others have spent years working on their landsknecht persona. By having themed days this allows us to celebrate virtually everyone's personas, and time periods through the course of the war. Cross Persona dressing is encouraged!
All attendees are encouraged to embrace each daily themes. The stewards for the war will be looking for those individuals that have embraced the day, and will be awarding them with tokens of appreciation.
The daily themes begin on Thursday and continue through Sunday.
- Classical Antiquity
- Ancient Greece
- Rise and decline of the Roman Empire
- Dark Ages to End of the Viking era
Saturday (Sonnabend or dies Saturni)
- The era of Plate armor, the armored horse, and the longbow
- First Crusade to the War of the Roses 1488
Sunday (dies Dominica)
- Renaissance 1488 to 1650
- Viking Rose Tournament 2013
- Leave your memories here.
Add photos if we have them
- Links to photo galleries, West Kingdom History page, etc.
|Go back||Go forward|
|Great Western War 2012||Great Western War 2014|
|Events of Caid|
| Events: 1970s, 1980s, 1990s, 2000s, 2010s
Other Information: Results