Janet of Western Seas
Or semy of torteaux, a holly leaf and a bordure engrailed vert
Also known as
- Catherine Elizabeth Holly Winthrop of Lincolnshire
- Honoria Holly Winthrop of Lincolnshire
- Holly Winthrop of Lincolnshire
From the "Pennsic Independent," <http://www.pennsicindependent.com/node/64>:
THL Honoria Winthrop of Holly Shire, mka Janet Marie Teofilo-Witwer of the Canton of Bowman's Rest in the Barony Beyond the Mountain, Kingdom of the East, formerly Baroness of the Western Seas, Kingdom of Caid, passed away at 1 pm Sunday, August 15th, 2004 at the hospital in Butler, Pennsylvania.
Known to her friends as Holly, she was very active in the arts and sciences and shared her knowledge of fiber arts, bookbinding, costuming, cooking and papermaking. She was also known for feasting, painting and illumination.
She shared the past seventeen years today with Leo THL Winthrop of the Torn Surcoat. She is survived by five spinning wheels, four looms, a 72-drawer card catalog of needlework supplies and nine bags of unwashed wool.
She started in the SCA in 1985 with the Barony of Western Seas, and later became the director of the competition who chooses the next A&S Baron and Baroness. She was Baroness of Western Seas three times, twice by her own hand. She loved the fiber arts the best. She will be greatly missed by all who knew her.
Offices and Positions
- Herald for Bard's Keep, ca 1995
- Palatine Baronage (Arts & Sciences), Western Seas (05/31/1989 - 11/30/1989)
- Palatine Baronage (Arts & Sciences), Western Seas (05/31/1990 - 11/30/1990)
- Palatine Baronage (consort), Western Seas (11/30/1993 - 05/31/1994)
- Judge, East Kingdom Arts & Sciences Challenge, War of the Roses, Barony of Concordia of the Snows (East Kingdom), 05/26/2003