Baron Peter Cadarn
Sable, a rhinoceros statant and in canton three mullets of eight points two and one argent
Baron Peter Cadarn began his SCA career in the Kingdom of Atlantia. He recently served as the twelfth Baron of the Angels with Baroness Gabrielle nicChlurain from 1/14/2012 to 09/12/2015. In addition to being an accomplished woodworker and carpenter, he also is a Companion of the Order of the Dolphin of Caid.
Peter Cadarn is the disgraced second son of a wealthy Romano-British family. Leaving Britain in 460, he served a hitch with the Roman Army, after which he wandered the Eastern portion of the Empire as a merchant and mercenary. After 25 years, he returned home to find Britain embroiled in the early Anglo-Saxon Wars. Realizing that retirement wasn't in the cards just yet, he allied himself with the Dux Bellorum Artorius and fought against the Saxon invasion at the Battle of Badon Hill in 490.
He is now semi-retired and living on the family farm in Gwynedd where he carves wood, builds furniture, spins tales for the younger tenants on his land and lays an occasional ambush for marauding Saxons to stay fit and protect his land. He also enjoys making armor in both European and Japanese styles.
Offices & Positions
- Deputy Marshal, Barony of the Angels, ? to 09/12/15
- Member of the Baronial Guard for John and Flavia, Barony of the Angels, 2008 to 01/14/2012
- Twelfth Baron of the Angels with Gabrielle nicChlurain, 01/14/2012 to 09/12/15
- Archery, Caid Archery Rank: Forester for Royal Round, Recurve, 2015
- Autocrat, Crown Prints Prize Tournament 2009, 06/27/2009
- Steward, Angels Melee Tourney & Border Skirmish 2011, 01/15/2011
- Steward, Fall Queen's Champion 2011, 01/14/2012
- Co-Steward with Gerrit d'Orleans, Angels Yule 2012
- 1st Place Journeyman, Visual Arts: Woodcarving