Pennsic War 2009 Poetry
From Compendum CaidisJump to navigationJump to search
Closing Ceremonies Start (unused)
- Far from Caid we’ve journied eastward,
- And greetings from our home we bring.
- Now hear the words of Mora and Edward,
- Of Caid the Queen and the King.
Closing Ceremonies End (unused)
- The Court of Edward and Mora is ending;
- Their majesties’ words have been heard.
- Homeward our way we soon will be wending,
- And this cheer our hearts now does stir:
- Long Live the King! Long Live the Queen! Long Live Caid!
Opening of Court
- Far away is the realm of royal Caid
- The warm ocean waves wash the sand
- And far have we journied and tired are our steeds
- And we’re come to this green pleasant land.
- Although we are far from our hearth and our home
- Where the crescents so gallantly wave
- Caid journies with us wherever we roam
- And we’re guarded by warriors brave.
- This is the high court of Edward and Mora,
- the sovereigns of royal Caid
- let all be silent, and nature be quiet
- and to their good words, pay heed.
Closing of Court
- There being no business that’s left to transact
- We come to the end of this Court
- Our arrows are racked and our bags are all packed
- And we’re heading for Caid’s home port.
- Now Edward our King, both mighty and strong
- Of him do the minstrels all sing.
- And lasts long the song, sounding all the day long
- Long live the King! Long live the King!
- For Mora, our Lady, who makes us rejoice
- And who frequently dresses in green
- Let us cry with glad hearts, with a loud and clear voice
- Long live the Queen! Long live the Queen!
- Noble the kingdom we honor and love,
- And noble our hearts and our deeds,
- With our mighty shout let the prayer ring out:
- Long live Caid!
- Hip Hip, Hurrah! Hip Hip, Hurrah! Hip Hip, Hurrah!