Vert, a mullet Or within a dolmen argent, a chief embattled Or
Baroness Morgaine FitzStephen has been active in the SCA for over 35 years. She is married to Baron Jason Thomas the Wanderer. Her Excellency is a weaver, and has generously gifted Queens with shawls woven in the colors of Caid. She is also a merchant coordinator for the Kingdom, as well as Angels and Altavia.
Morgaine FitzStephen is a Norman lady, born at Stonehenge on 24 May 1170 when her mother went into premature labour. Her alter-ego, Drusilla filia Septimus, is a Romano-Celt who appears whenever the weather gets too hot for Norman garb. Both Morgaine and Drusilla are partial to dragonflies.
Offices & Positions
- Chief Lady-in-Waiting, Edward and Ilaria, 05/31/1986-11/22/1986
- Avant Courier, Kingdom of Caid, 6/1987-11/1988
- Created and maintains Merchants Yahoo group [(SCA-CaidMerchants@ Yahoogroups.com]
- Founding Exchequer, Canton of Caldera Keep, 1984-?
- Tenth Baroness of the Angels with Jason Thomas the Wanderer, 09/06/2003-09/13/2008
- Established the Order of the Seraph for excellence in martial arts, 2003
- Established the Order of the Cherubim to recognize the service of children in the Barony, 2003
- Established the Order of Apollo for excellence in the arts & sciences, 2005
- Minister of Arts & Sciences, Angels, 9/12/2009-
- Chatelaine, Angels, 9/12/2013-11/13/2014
- Merchant Steward, Angels - current
- Merchant Steward, Altavia - current
Merchant Steward for Angels and Altavia
- Angels Melee Tourney & Border Skirmish 2011
- Summer Crown Tournament 2014
- Angels Melee Tourney 2015
- Winter Festival of the Rose 2015
- Robin Hood Tourney 2015
- An introduction to the spinner's world, Collegium Caidis Spring 2003
- Tartan and the Triangular Loom, Collegium Caidis Spring 2003
- Weaving on a Triangular Loom
- Merchant 101, Collegium Caidis Fall 2003, Collegium Caidis Fall 2005, Collegium Caidis Fall 2008
Projects & Publications
- Nominee, William Blackfox Award, A.S. 43, Best Poetry or Short Fiction, for "Requiem for Lady Sariah", published in The Seraph.
- Designed tartans for Caid, Altavia, Angels, Starkhafn, as well as the West and several other Kingdoms and Baronies; wove handspun shawls for the rulers of same