Lavendar of Lorne
Mistress Lavendar of Lorne
Per bend sinister argent and azure, six sprigs of lavender in annulo counterchanged.
Baroness Lavendar of LorneRRE, OL entered the Society March 16, 1974 (A.S. VIII) and has always dwelt in the Barony of Angels. She was elevated to the Order of the Laurel by TRM Jason and Natalya on 07/23/1983 for her excellence in Theatre, Vocal Music and European Dance.
Projects & Publications
Principal interests are the performing arts (acting, directing, play production, singing, dance), history and poetry. Although seen in early Tudor garb (and her ancestors' Italian and French clothing), she has always been content to live in the current Middle Ages.
- Directed, adapted, and acted in many theatrical entertainments all over the Kingdom, the most ambitious of which were two productions of "St. George and the Dragon", and Act V of "A Midsummer Night's Dream"
- Co-founder (with Lady Anne de Villanova) of The Occasional Consort
- Has written two to four Crown Poems a year since the beginning of the custom in Caid (about 30 years)
- Competitor, and later judge, in the Arts and Sciences Pentathlon, since its inception
- Autocratted, and performed in three Renaissance Dinners, involving SCA personnel, at Caltech's Athenaeum
- Contributed for many years to the Crown Prints and Ars Caidis
- Created a panel of ladies named "Matilda" for a Sciences Event historical quiz
- Taught classes in the early days of the Collegium Caidis (theatre and dance)
Awards & Accomplishments
- Award of Arms
- Order of Athena (augmented) (Angels)
- Order of the Harp Argent (for theatrical production and performance)
- Order of the Laurel (for theatrical production and performance, vocal performance, and European dance)
- Order of the Seraphic Star (Angels)
- Order of Apollo (Angels)
- Baronial Recognition of Excellence for The Occasional Consort (Angels)
- Court Barony