Highland War 2012
Highland War 2012
- Event Steward(s): Sir Davi d'Orleans, TH Lord Christian de Guerre
- Merchant Steward: Baroness Teka Turmanov
- Classes Steward: Lady Arianna di Zanchi
- Brewing Competition: Master Donal O'Brien
- Brief listing of major points of the day
- Award of Arms received by Vigulf Ragnarson, Destiny of Al-Sahid, Ian the Wyrd, Evan Luradane Bentley, Ivar Ulfhedinn, Cato of the Horsemen, Alianora Markaret Erlyche
- Harp Argents received by Katherine of Hornechurch (Cooking, costuming), Thorbjorn Ulfsson (Metal work, helmets)
- Martin aus Brandenburg, awarded a Corde de Guerre
- Christian de Guerre received Court Baron
Thrown Weapons Tournament
Results from Highland War's first annual TW tournament. It was an Underwater Hawaiian Fantasy, and the competition was as follows:
- 5 small knives thrown into Hay bales that had a tiki totem or a hula dancer - 3 points for each stick ( new throwers got 1 point for bale stick)
- 5 knives of choice thrown at wood round with various hawaiian themed targets - 3 points each stick 1 point stick wood
- 5 axes thrown at wood rounds with either tiki head or flamingo - 3 points each stick 1 point stick wood.
- 5 spears thrown at hay bales with various under sea creatures trapped in net - 3 points a stick 1 point bale stick
- 2 modified sombero spears thrown at hanging banana monkey 3 points a stick.
We had 18 competitors - 10 were new throwers/ 1st time throwers.
- In the new Thrower division, the winners were:
- 3rd place - Lodovico - 18 points
- 2nd place - Kiyvotora - 19 points
- 1st place - Evan Luradane Bentley - 21 points
HIGHLAND WAR CHAMPION
- 3rd place - Philip Berenger de Greylonde - 26 points
- 2nd place - Paganus Grimlove - 31 points
- 1st place - Cristofanus Castellani - 46 points
There were 16 classes held at Highland War 2012.
- Needlebooks, taught by TH Lady Maridonna Dolce da Perugia
- Drumming, taught by Lady Magdi Tynker
- Middle Eastern Dance, taught by Lady Magdi Tynker
- Card Weaving, taught by Mistress Aldgytha of Ashwood
- Continental Knitting, taught by Lady Magdi Tynker
- Beginning Glass Bead Making, taught by Baron Conchobhar Mac Cionaoith
- Viking Festoons & Jewelry, taught by Lady Eularia d'Amboise
- Norse Apron Workshop, taught by TH Lady Ciar ingen Dáire, Mistress Valla Luta Kolladottir, and Mistress Aldgytha of Ashwood
- Pimp Your Garb - 16th Century Jewelry, taught by Viscountess Whilja de Gothia
- Introduction to Real Ale – Cask Ale and Cellarmanship, a discussion for SCA, taught by TH Lord Martin aus Brandenburg
- Introduction to Nihonjiu - Japanese Sake in the Middle Ages, taught by TH Lord Martin aus Brandenburg
- Basic Kumihimo, taught by Baroness Marina Zanne
- Finishing Touches, taught by Lady Arianna di Zanchi
- Beginning stone-carved pewter casting, taught by Theo van der Zee
- Hair through the ages for Women and Men, taught by Lady Magdi Tynker
There were 3 categories in the contest: Beer, Wine & Mead and Everything Else. There was total of 23 entries.
- 1. Philip Berenger de Greylonde for Lightly Sour Hefeweissen
Wine & Mead
- 1. Rennfield the Cast Iron Stomach for Sin-amon Cinnamon Mead
- 2. Galen der Lange for Frey's Mead Cherry with a hint of Grape
- 3. Angiter of Tora for Scarlet Nectar Strawberry Hippocras
- 1. Lucia della Viaggiatori for Yang Spiced Blackberry Cordial
- 2. Lucia della Viaggiatori for Spiced Citrus Maple Brandy
- 3. Reinhardt Medebruer for Saurkraut
From the Crown Prints
Al-Sahid is about midway between San Diego and Las Vegas along Interstate Route 15. From Interstate 15, take Exit 153-A (D Street/Highway 18) and at the bottom of the off-ramp take a left (north) on D Street/Highway 18/National Trails Highway; At the first traffic signal along National Trails Highway (approximately 1-1/2 miles) turn left (west) onto Air Expressway; At the third traffic signal along Air Expressway (approximately 2-1/2 miles) turn right (north) onto George Boulevard (into Southern California Logistics Airport); Schmidt Park will be on the left, turn left on Mustang Street and check in at gate before you unload. For those coming from the north (Bakersfield, Fresno, and Ridgecrest area) take Highway 395 to Air Expressway; then left (east) onto Air Expressway, then left (north) onto George Boulevard.
Camp-out Event/War, Heavy Combat and Rapier War/Melee, Heavy Combat and Rapier Tournaments, Archery, Hound Coursing, A & S Competitions and Classes
Thursday through Monday: $25 for adults plus $5 non-member surcharge if applicable. $15 for minors ages 12 to 18. Children under 12 are free. $60 cap (not including non-member surcharge) per family.
(must be off-site by dark) is $10 plus $5 non-member surcharge for adults $5 for teens, children under 12 are free.
Make check payable to: SCA Inc/Shire of al-Sahid
Merchants are welcome however contact must be made with event steward at least 2 weeks prior to event. Business information is required.
- Leave your memories here.
Add photos if we have them
|Go back||Go forward|
|Highland War 2011||Highland War 2013|
|Events of Caid|
|Events: 1970s, 1980s, 1990s, 2000s, 2010s, 2020s
Other Information: Results