Gyldenholt Unbelted 2009 Poetry
From Compendum CaidisJump to navigationJump to search
- One day a sloth came out to play
- And to his people Sven did say
- Draw nigh, an aisle be pleased to mark
- And seat yourselves, for Court now starts.
- Kolfinna likewise greets you here
- And wishes you great joy and cheer
- Unbelted champions will her please
- And children draw about her knees.
- Fair Gyldenholt bids you be seated
- Hospitably you shall be treated
- Though storm-clouds threaten and mists do play
- Our tourney shall proceed this day.
- Assembled is this royal court,
- And soon shall we begin disport
- So set you down, and have a peach
- And listen to Sven’s opening speech!
- We've finished the business of Caidan Court,
- And closings, I think, should be cute and be short.
- Let's cheer for Ursul--he's big and he's hairy;
- All Gyldenholt's foes should of him be wary!
- Her stature is low, but her heart it is braw;
- For Collette and Ursul, now hip, hip, huzzah!
- Sven is a Viking, and of us the king--
- Throughout all the realm his praise do we sing!
- Kolfinna's the Queen, and a fierce one, to boot--
- And her staff is in charge of selecting the loot!
- Our monarchs are splendid, and so we do say,
- With our hearts and our voices, hip, hip, hurray!
- Caid is the kingdom that we love the best
- We're west of the Atens, and south of the West.
- Our shores are washed in the blue of the sea,
- And no kingdom's people are happy as we.
- For the Crown and our people, for our customs and law:
- Hip, hip, Hurrah! Hip, hip, Hurrah! Hip, hip, Hurrah!