Filthy Dirty Collegium 2015
Filthy Dirty Collegium: Revelry Edition
From the Crown Prints
The time has come again to get down and dirty up on the fair shores of the Shire of Isles. Prepare yourself for a day dedicated to the arts of mirth and revelry. Isles' Filthy Dirty Collegium always offers classes too involved, dirty, or time intensive for a normal collegium. This year we are giving special focus to the arts of revelry. Classes include such topics as: Pewter Casting, Dancing, Storytelling, and Cards and Dice for Fun and Profit.
In the evening there will be feasting, dancing, and a bardic circle. In the bardic circle, all are invited to sing, play, tell a story, recite a poem, perform in any way they wish, or even request something of others in the circle. The feast is free for all attendees and will include roast chicken, tarte of herbs (veggie quiche), bread and flavored butters, and we welcome any potluck contributions.
A complete schedule, class descriptions, materials fees, and more can be found at Shire webpage
- Performing in the SCA - Mistress Móirín Chiardhubh ní Bhárdáin
- Introduction to Reversible Embroidery - Lady Gwen Hir
- Storytelling - Ancient Art, Modern Magic - THL Thomas Whitehart
- Cards and Dice for Fun and Profit OR What to do with a Collection of Shiny Objects - THL Meala Caimbeul
- The Abundant Organic Garden - Kong Lian
- Pewter Casting in Stone Molds - Master Martin FitzJames
- Creativity 101 - THL Thomas Whitehart
- Introduction to Breadmaking - Lord Magnus Brewhouse
- How to Enjoy Dancing at a Revel - Basics of SCA Dance - Sir Edward Oakenheart
- Leather Drinking Jacks - Don Todde Mac Donnell
- Drumming - Master Jahan Isfahani (who bears a surprising resemblance to Master Niccolo Gianfigliazzi Genovese)
- Wild Fermentation of Beverages and Food - Lord Philip Berenger de Greylonde
- Archery Accessories Anonymous - Lady Hette Vitze
- Sewing Machine is a Power Tool - Sir Artus Quintus
- 8:30 am - Site opens
- 9:00 am-1:00 pm - Classes
- 1:00 pm-2:00 pm - Lunch break (Food can be purchased at the UCEN next door)
- 2:00 pm-6:00 pm - More classes
- 6:30 pm-10:00 pm - Feasting, dancing, and bardic circle
- 10:00 pm - Site closes
- College of Creative Studies, University of California Santa Barbara, UCEN Road, Santa Barbara, CA 93106
- Site fees: SCA members $5, Non-members $10. Make checks payable to SCA/Shire of the Isles.
- Please note that UCSB charges a $4 parking fee, payable by credit card or exact cash.
- FB: Filthy Dirty Collegium: Revelry Edition
- Shire webpage
- Please feel free to add memories to this section.
|Go back||Current Year||Go forward|
|Events 2014||Events 2015||Events 2016|
|Events of Caid|
|Events: 1970s, 1980s, 1990s, 2000s, 2010s, 2020s
Other Information: Results