Angels Melee 2014
- Event Steward:
From the Crown Prints
From Their Excellencies
From Their Excellencies Peter and Gabrielle, Baron and Baroness of the Angels--
Angels' Melee 2014 - What a glorious and wonderful day shared with HRH Bridget and Her Court as we paid tribute to the Battle of Bannockburn with lots and lots of fighting!
Opening court brought us entertainment from our Seraph Bard (in absentia) Lord Paul fitz Denis through a poem celebrating the day and read by Lady Angharat Goch verch Gwenhover. Lady Collette des Trouveres (accompanied by Lady Angharat on the drum and vocal) sang a beautiful original composition in honor of HRH Bridget, our Warrior Queen, and Baron Cormac Mór honored Baroness Gabrielle's request with a dramatic reading from Robert Burns. Thank you to all for sharing your talents with us - it was greatly appreciated.
And, of course, there was armored combat, rapier combat, merchants, Fiber Play Day and, of course, more fighting! (This is Melee after all!)
At Opening Court all fighters were charged to recommend to HRH Bridget and Baroness Gabrielle the Most Honorable and Chivalrous fighter of the day. It was such a hard decision that at closing court we had not just the Most Honorable and Chivalrous fighter, but an Honorable Mention as well: Armored Combat - Honorable Mention was Tiberius from the Bitter Luck (wearing a red and gold fighting tabard) with the Most Honorable and Chivalrous honor going to Sir Liam; Rapier - Honorable Mention to Lord Jerrick van Den Helder for "scum and villainy," with the Most Honorable title going to Don Alexander Kallidokos.
The winning team for armored combat was the Corvus Warband and for rapier was the White Star. We instituted a new netting system this year (designed by Baron Peter who had help with the manufacturing by Lady Corinna de la Mare, Lord Caspian Lash Blackrune, Lord Anthony de la Mare and THL Fu Ching Lan); unfortunately, we did not have any combat archers to put the armored fighters and the netting to the test.
The cooking contest was won by THL Fu Ching Lan with her Scotcheroos (a sweet to die for!) First Place in the Illuminated Letter Contest was won by Lady Kutaiba al-Azrak; a Second Place and two Honorable Mentions were also awarded.
It was indeed a wonderful day; however, none of it would have been possible without the following people, so we would like to give heartfelt thanks to:
- HRH Bridget for joining us for the day, and to her Court
- The set-up and tear down crews - Lord Caspian Blackrune, Sobratus, Lord Gerrit d'Orleans, Lady Corinna de la Mare, THL Fu Ching Lan, Lady Arianna Foxford, THL Kuma and the Corvus Warband, THL Owain ap Gwyllim Pengryth, and several people that we know we have missed.
Additionally, thanks to:
- Master Timotheus Zacharia von Schloss Zwilling for handling Gate
- Mistress Vivienne Duval for setting aside personal plans to be our List Mistress for the day
- Tiarna Ciothruadh Dubh and THL Fu Ching Lan for face-painting
- Maestra Flavia Beatrice Carmigniani and Lady Arianna Foxford for the Illuminated Letter/Calligraphy contest
- Baron John ap Griffin and Baron Cormac Mór for court and heraldry duties throughout the day
- Lord Lorenzo di Vita and Lady Róis ni Brian for running the rapier combat - I loved the stuffed animal toss!
- Baron Jason Thomas the Wanderer for turning all that was lost into "found"
- Baroness Morgaine FitzStephen for merchant wrangling
- Lady Ysenda MacLaren of Perthshire for being the co-event steward and for chatelaine duties
- THL Owain ap Gwyllim Pengryth and Lord Gerrit d'Orleans for marshaling
- And to all the merchants, fighters and attendees who made this year's Melee such a great event.
(We apologize if we missed anyone - please know that without all of you we would not be able to live the Dream)
Yours in Service, Peter and Gabrielle
- Please feel free to add memories to this section.
|Go back||Current Year||Go forward|
|Events 2013||Events 2014||Events 2015|
|Events of Caid|
| Events: 1970s, 1980s, 1990s, 2000s, 2010s
Other Information: Results