Alexander Hostilius of Caid
Sable, a hippopotamus statant between four crescents in saltire horns outward within a bordure Or.
Count Alexander served as King of Caid, with Countess Tahira Al-Fahida Acilia Drusilla July 15, 2017 - January 6, 2018.
Sir Alexander Hostilius of Caid is a leader of the Horsemen of Judgment Keep and Apprentice Extraordinaire to Mistress Caitlin Christiana Wintour. His Lordship received the Gauntlet of Caid on 05/18/2013 from TRM Mansur and Eilidh. His lady is Tahira al-Fahida.
Alexander Æthelwulf is a 15th Century Englishman. Born from a line of Vikings who invaded and stayed in England, Alexander was the eldest son of Daniel Æthelwulf and Kathryn of Hornechurch. A loyal servant to Henry V, Alexander fell from grace of both church and state after his outspoken remarks regarding the suspicious death of King Henry and his sons. Vowing to pursue truth rather than fame or fortune, the Horsemen of Judgment Keep were forged from that anger of injustice waged upon his former King.
Alexander Hostilius Caidis (Latin for "of Caid") is a 1st century Roman. Although not of native birth, Alexander was taken from his homeland of Sparta and brought to Rome, as was the custom, to be trained in the arts of war by the powerful Roman War Machine. He became a Roman citizen and returned to his homeland where he serves as a liaison between the two cultures.
Also known as Alexander Æthelwulfe sunu and formerly known as Alexander Æthelwulf
Offices and Positions
- Queen's Guard, Sven and Kolfinna, 06/03/2006-11/11/2006
- Queen's Guard, Conrad and Eleanor, 06/05/2010-11/06/2010
- Kings Champion, Wilhelm and Thaleia, 11/06/2011-06/04/2011
- Queen's Guard, Edward III and Mora III, 06/04/2011-11/05/2011
- Queen's Guard, Sven III and Cassandra, 11/05/2011 - 06/02/2011
- Queen's Lieutenant, Sven IV and Cassandra II, 06/01/2013-11/02/2013
- Head of Her Majesty's Secret Service, Cassandra II
- Queen's Guard, Conrad II & A'isha, 11/02/2013-06/07/2014
- Deputy Marshal, Wintermist, 2014
- Marshal, Wintermist, 2015 to present
- General of the Army, 2016 to present
- Marshal, Shire of Greifenthall, Drachenwald, 1990-1991
- Herald, Shire of Greifenthall, Drachenwald, 1991
- Marshal, Shire of Crimson River, Meridies, 1992-1993
- Herald, Shire of Crimson River, Meridies, 1993-1994
- Marshal, Shire of Vakkerfjell, West, 1994-1998
- Herald, Shire of Vakkerfjell, West, 1998
- Queen's Guard, Uther II & Osa I, West, 04/29/1999-08/27/1999
- Co-Event Steward, Bar Room Brawl 1990, Drachenwald
- Marshal In Charge, Vollkornbrat War, Drachenwald
- Marshal In Charge, Cookie War 1990, Drachenwald
- Event Steward, Black Rose Tourney 1992, Meridies
- Event Steward, Christmas Tourney 1992, Midrealm
- Event Steward, Vakkerfjell Yule 1995, West
- Event Steward, Wintermist Anniversary 2009
- Trash Detail, Great Western War 2009, 10/06-12/2009
- Bathroom Cleaning Commando, Great Western War 2010, 10/06-11/2010
- Trash Steward, Great Western War 2011, 10/05-10/2011
- Event Steward, Nordwache Chivalry Tournament 2012
- Event Steward, 3.5 Baronies Event 2013, 09/07/2013
- Trash Steward, Great Western War 2015, 10/05-12/2015
- Medieval Dance Instruction, Art and Dance Symposium 1991 Drachenwald
- What every Knight should know, Art and Dance Symposium 1991 Drachenwald
- How to make a shield, cheap!, Crimson River Art Festival 1992 Meridies
- Hiding Ugly or OOP armor, Civil Unrest, 1994 Meridies
- Medieval Dance for men who can't dance!Mist/Cynagua War 1994 West
- Basic Heraldry for Newbie's!Fools Crusade 1994 West
- Dancing for Dummies or Fighters, Shire Meeting Champclair, 1998 West
- Get 'em on the field armor, Shire Meeting Teufelberg, 1997 West
- Armoring 101, Purgatorio 1998 West
- Armoring 102, Champclair Fighter Practice 1998 West
- Small Unit War Tactics, 3.5 Baronies 2011
- Basic Chess, 3.5 Baronies 2011
- The Hole in the Wall Dance, Wintermist Shire meeting 2012
- What NOT to do at court, Great Western War 2012
- Heavy Weapons Combat Basics for Women, Great Western War 2013
- Festival of the Rose 2008
- Pink Ribbon Tourney 2009
- Festival of the Rose 2012
- Festival of the Rose 2014
Performed the "Untalented Talent Show"
- West: Mist/Cynagua War (1995, 1996, 1997, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003)
- Caid: GWW (2005, 2006, 2009, 2010, 2011)
- Popular Company of Sojourners (PCS): Presented at the discretion of the Crown to those members departing the Kingdom, who have contributed to Drachenwald. The members may bear the badge of the company: "Barry wavy argent and azure, two flaunches vert" in whatever manner deemed appropriate to signify membership. They are expected to recall to all and sundry tales the recipient has to tell of the Lands of Drachenwald.
- Princess's Pearl (now known as the Queen's Order of Courtesy), given for "untiring devotion to the ideals of courtesy and for consistent consideration of the needs of others"
- Order of the Argent Shield: Given to fighters who have distinguished themselves in war, on the tournament field, and in the training of new fighters.
- Corolla Muralis (Mists): 07/15/2001 (Given for leadership and achievement in war.)
- Torse of Honor (Mists): 09/23/2006 (Awarded to those non-belted fighters who have shown great courtesy, chivalry and honor.)
- Coeur d'Azur: 09/13/2008 (Given to those individuals, wherever situated, who have shown great courage, service, or courtesy that has enriched the Principality and inspired the Populace of the Mists.)
- Caidan Honors
- Defender of Greifenthall, Drachenwald
- Champion of Crimson River, Meridies
- Defender of Champclair, Meridies
- Defender of Teufelberg, West
- Defender of Vakkfjell, West
- Champion of Nordwache
- Champion of Wintermist
- Caid Unbelted Champion
- King's Champion, Caid
Projects & Publications
- 1st Place A&S competition, Belt, Wintermist
- 1st Place A&S competition, Helm, Nordwache
- Tales of the Mist article, "A Bad Day in the Armory"
- Tales of the Mist article, "Crown Tourney Review"
- Early 14th Century English Garb - These items are primarily based on the documentation and writings of James Lavar. As these were made early in my SCA career and money was not as accessible, more attention was paid to design and less to material and construction.
- Roman Garb -