Spring Crown Tourney 2016
Kingdom of Caid
In the Final Round, Sir Ozmund Rus, fighting for Lady Marisa Rus, defeated Duke Sven Örfhendur, who was fighting for Dame Ismay of Giggleswick. Crown Prince Oz and Crown Princess Marisa will be crowned Caid's 77th monarchs on 16 July 2016 in the Barony of the Angels.
- The events of the day were reported as they happened on Caid Reporter on Facebook and SCA Kingdom of Caid on Twitter.
- THL Beorn of the Northern Sea was invited to join the Order of the Laurel for Bardic Arts by TRM Conrad III and A'isha II.
- Don Kelan McBride of Arainn was elevated to the Order of Defense at opening court by TRM Conrad III and A'isha II.
Combatants and Consorts
- Duke Sven Örfhendur for Dame Ismay of Giggleswick
- Graf Athanaric Thaurismunths sunus for Grafynja Sigriðr in irska
- Sir Adam Makandro for THL Stæina Hálfdanardóttir
- Sir Alejandro de Nuevo Castillo for La Signora Onorevole (THL) Gabbriella Mocenigo
- Sir Artus Quintus for Mistress Sæunn Egilsdóttir
- Sir Gamel of Mottrum for THL Danyel de Licatia
- Sir Halldórr Þórhallsson for Lady Eliane Duran
- Sir Jamal Damien Marcus for Baroness Éowyn Amberdrake
- Sir Ketill Olafsson for Lady Scarlet Sparhauk
- Sir Niccolo di Angelo for Mistress Ciar ingen Dáire
- Sir Ozmund Rus for Lady Marisa Rus
- Sir Ragnar of Sandcastle for Countess Trifona Anastasiia Dodovicha
- Sir Randvér brotamaðr for THL Arianne Lightheart of Whiteheld
- THL Adrien de Calais for THL Martin aus Brandenburg
- THL Jethro de Calce des Excurtynyx for Lady Lina Kolladottir
- THL Martin aus Brandenburg for THL Adrien de Calais
- THL Rudolph Fekter for THL Amicia Sennet de Bruges
- Lord Cináed Ciabach for Lady Deborah Kirkwood
- Lord Fearghus Cochrane for Lady Moire Wynter de Cochrane
- Lord William Ulfsson for THL Æsa Geiradóttir bláskeggs
The Challenge Round
- Lord Fearghus Cochrane challenged Sir Jamal Damien Marcus
- Lord Cináed Ciabach challenged Sir Gamel of Mottrum
- THL Jethro de Calce des Excurtynyx challenged Sir Ozmund Rus
- THL Rudolph Fekter challenged Sir Niccolo di Angelo
- THL William Ulfsson challenged Sir Artus Quintus
- Sir Alejandro de Nuevo Castillo challenged Graf Athanaric Thaurismunths sunus
- Sir Ragnar of Sandcastle vs. Sir Ketill Olafsson
- Sir Adam Makandro challenged Duke Sven Örfhendur
- THL Martin aus Brandenburg challenged Sir Halldórr Þórhallsson
- THL Adrien de Calais challenged Sir Randvér brotamaðr
- Lord Fearghus Cochrane vs. Sir Niccolo di Angelo
- THL Jethro de Calce des Excurtynyx vs. Duke Sven Örfhendur
- Graf Athanaric Thaurismunths sunus vs. Sir Gamel of Mottrum
- Sir Jamal Damien Marcus vs. THL Rudolph Fekter
- Sir Artus Quintus vs. Sir Halldórr Þórhallsson
- Sir Adam Makandro vs. THL Martin aus Brandenburg
- Sir Ketill Olafsson vs. Sir Randvér brotamaðr
- Sir Alejandro de Nuevo Castillo vs. Sir Ragnar of Sandcastle
- Lord Cináed Ciabach vs. THL William Ulfsson
- THL Adrien de Calais vs. Sir Ozmund Rus
- Sir Niccolo di Angelo vs. Sir Gamel of Mottrum
- Duke Sven Örfhendur vs. Graf Athanaric Thaurismunths sunus
- Sir Adam Makandro vs. Sir Ozmund Rus
- Sir Jamal Damien Marcus vs. THL William Ulfsson
- Sir Halldórr Þórhallsson vs. Lord Cináed Ciabach
- Sir Ragnar of Sandcastle vs. Sir Randvér brotamaðr
- Duke Sven Örfhendur vs. Lord Cináed Ciabach
- Graf Athanaric Thaurismunths sunus vs. Sir Ozmund Rus
- Sir Jamal Damien Marcus vs. Sir Halldórr Þórhallsson
- Sir Ragnar of Sandcastle vs. Sir Niccolo di Angelo
- Sir Randvér brotamaðr vs. THL William Ulfsson
- Duke Sven Örfhendur vs. Sir Niccolo di Angelo
- Sir Ozmund Rus vs. Sir Halldórr Þórhallsson
- Sir Ragnar of Sandcastle vs. THL William Ulfsson
Those wishing to participate in the tournament must meet the eligibility to fight for the honor of your consort. Letters of Intent must be submitted per Kingdom Law by May 7th, 2016. Combatants, bring your great weapons, bucklers, and one-handed weapons as each round may have different weapon forms.
Entrants, bring your banners and fly them high! There will be a procession of combatants and consorts prior to challenges. Banners will be placed around the List field for display.
- 10 AM: Opening Court or at Their Royal Majesties' leisure
- 11 AM: Presentation of consorts and challenges
- 5 PM: Presentation of Heirs and Closing Court
- 7 PM: Revel begins
Site will open at Noon on Friday May 20th, and close at 2 PM on Sunday May 22nd. Tell the gate staff that you are with the SCA. We've prepaid for a set attendance, and you will not be required to pay to enter the park. Please pay your registration prior to setting up your camp or pavilion. Campers arriving after 4:30 PM on Friday or on Saturday, please RSVP with the event stewards so we can assist you on entering the park.
The park opens at 7:30 AM on Saturday. If you need earlier access, please arrange this with the event stewards.
We plan on a revel on Saturday night to celebrate our new Heirs. The revel will feature a Taste of Caid with finger foods from our lovely cooks, and samples from our lovely brewers. A $5 registration for this will be required for those wishing to partake in the food and beverage.
Leashed dogs and cats are welcome. Please bring along records of vaccinations. Merchants are also welcome as long as you register by May 1st. No additional registration charge is required.
Privy Council will be on Sunday at 9 AM in the same spot in the park.
Site: Mojave Narrows Regional Park, 18000 Yates Rd, Victorville, CA 92392.
- Leave your memories here.
- Links to photo galleries, etc.
|Go back||Current Year||Go forward|
|Events 2015||Events 2016||Events 2017|
|Events of Caid|
|Events: 1970s, 1980s, 1990s, 2000s, 2010s, 2020s
Other Information: Results