Logan Black Rune
Logan Black Rune
Or, in saltire two arrows inverted proper flighted vert and in chief a rose purpure.
- Also known as Logan the Nefarious and Logan Blackrune the Nefarious
I am Logan Black Rune, born is 1531. I am the illegitimate son of a French Noble Man from Avignon and an English woman. I was sent to the University of St Andrews in Scotland to be educated with several young men from Avignon. As a young man I fell in love with the sea and, during my years at St Andrews, I spent my free time away from the university as a passenger aboard the Demon Wind, learning what I could about sailing the open seas.
During that time, I found and fell in in love with a woman, who had disguised herself as a man and also loved the sea, named Tyne MacPhersone. Her green eyes are mesmerizing, to this day. We began to speak of having a ship to go into business and sail the sea. I swore that I would be the man that would throw away her disguise and make an honest woman of her.
In the year 1552 the Demon Wind pulled into port and never sailed again. I was able to convince my father to invest in a new opportunity and was able to purchase a fine sloop. With a restless band of sailors, the Goode Ship Indigo Rose began her journey.
Lord Logan Black Rune joined the Society for Creative Anachronism (SCA) in 1990. At the time he was located in the Barony of Angels and was part of the Canton of Canyons. He moved to the Barony of Dreiburgen in 2008. He co-founded The Goode Ship Indigo Rose in 1994. Indigo Rose often had as many as 50 members camping with together. Indigo Rose encourages volunteering and helping out with our baronies. Indigo Rose still has an active membership that camps with the Blackrune Free Company and the Bjoys of Blackrune. Many of our members are second generation SCAdians as well as offspring from Indigo Rose members. Indigo Rose continues to inspire and encourage our young members to be active in volunteering.
- 1990: Joined the SCA in the Canton of the Canyons (Barony of Angels)
- 1994: Co-founded the Goode Ship Indigo Rose with the rank of First Mate
- 1998: Became a rapier fighter
- 1998-2001: Did trash duty with my household Indigo Rose for GWW. We did the Mardi Gras trash truck with beads for people who brought us trash and beverages.
- 1999: Duke Edric Aaron Hartwood gave Indigo Rose a Letter of Marque
- 2000: Became a heavy weapons fighter for the Blackrune Free Company
- 2003: Indigo Rose was awarded the Baronial Recognition of Excellence
Offices & Positions
- Canton of the Canyons Rapier Champion
- Joined the Brewers Guild
- Volunteered for constable at GWW
- Promoted to Captain of the Goode Ship Indigo Rose
- Helped set up Arts and Science for Great Western War 2014
- Baronial Guard, Dreiburgen, 2015-2016