Golden Lance Statutes
From Compendum Caidis
Last Updated: 5/15/2009
The Order of the Golden Lance of Caid:
- 1) Shall be granted in accordance with the Statutes of the Order of the Golden Lance of Caid and the Treaty of the Golden Lance, in recognition of those persons who have distinguished themselves by display the following characteristics:
- a. Exceptional skill, leadership, and honor on the equestrian field
- b. Courteous and chivalrous behavior, on and off the equestrian field;
- c. Service to the Kingdom of Caid and its people advancing and promoting equestrian activities;
- d. Obedience to the laws and ideals of Caid and the Society for Creative Anachronism;
- e. Willingness to instruct others in these accomplishments.
- 2) Arms, Precedence, and Insignia.
- a. Companions of the Order shall be entitled to wear a medallion "Azure, a crescent argent and overall a lance palewise Or, a bordure embattled argent."
- b. Companions of the Order shall be entitled to wear the regalia of the Order common to the Treaty Kingdoms.
- c. Companions of the Golden Lance may style themselves “Lancer” While this title is not unique to them, it is the traditional honorific for Companions of the Order.
- d. Companions of Order of the Golden Lance of Caid may add the initials "CGL" to their signatures."
- 3) Membership and Business within the Order.
- a. General: To determine the will of the Order a simple majority vote of the attending members and absentee ballots is required on matters except the recommendation of candidates.
- b. Recommendations: To determine a recommendation from the Order a 66% majority of the attending members and absentee ballots must agree.
- c. Absentee ballots may be collected in writing up to two weeks after the meeting.
- d. Membership in the Order is permanent, and shall be retained even should the Companion change their Kingdom of Residence.
- 4) Principals of the Order.
- a. The King and Queen of Caid shall be the Principals of the Order of the Golden Lance, for the duration of Their reign, and shall share all the rights, privileges and responsibilities of membership in the Order.