Most SCA events (other than meetings and practices) include games. These may be historical, modern interpretations of historical competitions, variations of modern games with a Renaissance/Medieval flavor, or modern games with historical elements. Some are not strictly games, but game-like activities.
The Inn of the Crimson Spade provides a place for gaming at events, and regularly hosts championship tournaments in chess and backgammon at baronial and shire anniversaries.
- Chess (an ancient board game typically played using modern rules)
- Backgammon (an ancient board game typically played using modern rules)
- Nine Men's Morris (a recreation of a Medieval game)
- Cathedral (a modern board game with a Medieval theme)
- Farkle (dice game with historical roots, typically played using modern rules)
- Playing cards have ancient roots, and modern "Poker deck" cards are graphically similar to historical decks. Reproductions of late-period and early-post-period playing card decks are available for purchase. Tarot decks were also used for gaming in the Medieval period.
- See Tarots
- Bocce (an ancient, bowling-style game)
- Home Game (a rugby-like, armored combat melee game)
- Blood of Heroes (a bushkashi-like, rapier melee game)