Baroness Birthday & Yule Revel 1989
From the Crown Prints
The Barony of Dreiburgen invites YOU to attend BARONESS BIRTHDAY – THE BIG ONE. On 16 Dec XXIV (1989) Dreiburgen will hold the (I am GLAD that birthdays only come annually, aren’t you?) Baroness Birthday Bash. This year we have a new site - Trinity Lutheran Church 5969 Brockton Ave., Riverside The hall has banquet seating for over 150 and there is a nice private courtyard for Barding (aren’t those horse clothes?). The theame this year is Eastern Roman Empire (before those fun-loving folks of the Fourth Crusade got there).
Poorer Folks Repast
- 1st remove == Antipasto- bread, cheese, olives, fruit.
- 2nd remove == Fish Soup, fried toast, feta.
- 3rd remove == Shaslik, lentils, flat bread.
(Now that we have reminded you of humble, but honest, origins)
Richer Folks Repast
- 4th remove == Salat, marinated vegetables, fine bread.
- 5th remove == Honey – glazed rabbit and chicken, winter squash.
- 6th remove == Poppy Seed cake, beans in bacon, spiced beef, rice.
- 7th remove == Stuffed Dates, Baklava, Turkish delight (burned city? belly dancer? Your guess is better than mine.)
There will also be diverse entertainments and a contests for the strongest and most-unlikely-to-ever-work castle or fortress to defend against those rapacious Turks and Arabs (or Franks for that matter). Construction to use only the finest materials imported directly, and at GREAT expense, from the western reaches of Caid, and furnished free (gasp!?!) when you take your seats.
- memories from individual people, can also be formal event reports.
Add photos if we have them
|Go back||Go forward|
|Baroness Birthday & Yule Revel 1988||Dreiburgen Yule 1990|
|Events of Caid|
|Events: 1970s, 1980s, 1990s, 2000s, 2010s, 2020s
Other Information: Results