Lady Agnes Wurtman
Per bend sinister argent and vert, two mint leaves issuant from the line of division counterchanged
An English wool merchant living in Italy. Met a fellow named Leonardo and tripped in his workshop, fell into a time machine and got kidnapped by Vikings.
He wanted to paint my portrait...but then he had to find another Lisa.
Offices & Positions
- Arts & Sciences Officer, Barony of Dreiburgen
- Largesse Coordinator, court of Baroness Tyna Blackrune of Dreiburgen
- Arts & Sciences Officer, Canton of Gallavally, Barony of Dreiburgen
- Bard of Dreiburgen, 2017
- Arts & Sciences Officer, Canton of Tanwayour, Barony of Calafia
- Chiurgeon, Canton of Tanwayour, Barony of Calafia
- Lady-in-Waiting, Patrick II and Kara II, 06/02/2012-11/03/2012
Deputy hay bales autocrat, Potrero War 2012.
- Wire Weaving: all levels
- Metalwork: reproducing a Greek geometric period fibula
- Card Weaving: beginner
- Mead Making: introduction to mead, fourteenth century French mead, sima (a post-period Finnish short mead), tej (a period Ethiopian mead)
- Soda Making: various yeast sodas (root beer, ginger beer, ginger ale, jamaica, etc.)
- Cooking: mead mustard, dill pickles (vinegar method and brine method, mozzarella cheese, lemon cheese, queso blanco, sourdough bread (in a camp oven), focaccia (in a camp oven), funnel cakes
- Embroidery: Viking ösenstich, double running stitch
- Sprang: beginning and intermediate
- Scholarly: historical method, introduction to lyrical translation, translating Chaucer to modern English
For additional cooking classes see below.
Projects & Publications
Constructed wire woven instructor tokens for Potrero War, 2014 & 2015.
Braided event tokens for College of St. Artemas, 2015.
Constructed braided, beaded, and wire woven event tokens for Canton of Tanwayour (multiple years 2011 - 2016).
Provided 7 digitally restored historic images for Crown Prints, July 2016.
Provided 2 digitally restored historic images for Crown Prints, January 2017.
Wrote article on dry cured meats for the Dreiburgen newsletter, March 2017.
Team leader for the Gallavally Gang, 2017 Caid Pentathlon second place team.
Initiated a webinar format as a supplement to Canton of Gallavally A&S classes. First webinar was held July 18, 2016 on the Skype platform; topic was dill pickles. Content included a class handout with references in .txt format, two recipes in .txt format, two video demonstrations, and interactive coaching. Class attendees included a visitor from Drachenwald.
Gallavally A&S webinar topics:
July 2016: dill pickles
August 2016: mead mustard
September 2016: lemon cheese
October 2016: [dark]
November 2016: tej
December 2016: butter
January 2017: yogurt
February 2017: dry cured meats
March 2017: [dark]