- 1 Wiki Editors
- 2 Welcome Valdis!
- 3 Image Use on the Wiki
- 4 Condolences
- 5 Go back/Go forward
- 6 Input requested
- 7 New Additions
- 8 Dreiburgen Category
- 9 Editor
- 10 Equestrian Pages
- 11 Wiki Editor
- 12 Crown Prints Prize Tournament 1980
- 13 Admin Notes
- I've activated your user account for upload rights. When you upload media you are granting permission to publish that media on this wiki website indefinitely. In the "Summary" section of each image, please credit the photographer or artist who created the image. Once uploaded, images may be subsequently removed upon request of the author or subject.----Lachlan 08:27, 6 July 2014 (PDT)
- Malcolm, are you the owner of all the epic old school Dreiburgen pics? I'm looking for Throwback Thursday pictures to use on the Kingdom Facebook Page, and some of these are just awesome! --Meave user:MeaveDouglass
Please join me in welcoming Lachlan of Cromarty back as the Administrator of the Caid Wiki. His dedication and devotion to the Wiki have been ever present since the birth of the Wiki and it is with complete confidence in his knowledge and leadership that the Wiki will continue to grow and prosper with his guidance. I want to thank all of the editors for your work on the Wiki. It has been an honor to be part of the team that continues Kolfinna's legacy ~ The Compendium Caidis. Thank you all for all that you do. --Valdis 22:06, 3 April 2014 (PDT)
A year ago Kolfinna sent a yearly post to all of the editors asking if they would like to continue in their roles as editors, saying that "The editor position on the wiki requires a bit more responsibility than the regular user". I am continuing that tradition and am asking those in the Editor List if they wish to continue in that role, or begin working in that capacity (there are a couple of you on the Editor list who are not on the Editor staff). Anyone currently in the Editor member list but are not on the Help:Team team may become a member of the Editor Team, just let me know you would like to work in that capacity. Also let me know if you would like to become a member of the Commenter group, you will still be able to edit pages on the wiki as a commenter you just will not have the responsibilities of an Editor.
For those who wish to remain as wiki Editors:
1. Please send me your email address - either add it to your preferences (where it will remain private), or send to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Add a note to your User Talk page (in response to this message) that you would like to continue or begin working as an editor or become a commenter.
3. Let me know if you believe your work with the wiki encompasses more that the area(s) you are currently allocated and let me know what areas you feel you can monitor/survey. Check the Help:Team page for the current list of Editors and the areas allocated to everyone. --Valdis 02:16, 25 August 2010 (PDT)
Reply from Malcolm
It is my intention to remain on the team as the Dreiburgen and general editor; my email address is allready in my preferences --Malcolm 06:11, 25 August 2010 (EST)
Thank you Baron Malcolm! Your continued service is greatly appreciated! --Valdis 21:42, 26 August 2010 (PDT)
Valdis has been active on this site since June 2008. Particularly, she has spent a great deal of time working on the colossal Populace Category, reformatting the populace pages in the formative days of the site, proofreading and fixing name spelling errors and formatting errors, adding offices and personal blazons, assisting with the sub-categorization of the category, etc.
I have great faith that she will serve the community well in her new capacity, adding fresh enthusiasm and finding new ways to make the site better for the users. That said, I'm sure she will need help handling the ever-increasing workload of Administrator. Please lend her your support as your time permits, either by offering to help with special projects, or by doing general editing as needed.
Twice it has been my honor and joy to serve the Caidan populace in this office. I thank you all. I am proud of the work I've done here, and look forward to continuing to "tinker" as an Editor.--Lachlan 21:45, 13 August 2010 (PDT)
To the Editors
As Lachlan said, I have been with the wiki since June of 2008. During that time I have come to appreciate and value all of the work that has gone into the establishment and continued growth of the wiki, not only as a source of information for our Kingdom, but also as a legacy of someone we all hold dear to our hearts. Both Kolfinna and Lachlan put so much of themselves into the Compendium Caidis that they inspired others to continue those efforts, as they have inspired the editors and myself, as well as all of the users of this wiki. My primary goal as admin is to continue and nurture the work they began; and also to fulfill the purpose of the wiki which is to create a source of knowledge gained from life in Caid and the SCA.
I would like to sincerely thank Lachlan for his faith and confidence in my abilities to serve as the wiki administrator. I would also like to thank Lachlan and all of you for continuing to serve as editors. --Valdis 18:25, 14 August 2010 (PDT)
Image Use on the Wiki
The Society webminister has instructed us to begin collecting releases before uploading/publishing new images on this site. To help facilitate this, the users authorized to upload files has been restricted to Editors and Administrators, specifically excluding Commenters. Anyone may submit files for inclusion via the Media Submission Form.
While free to upload files, you, the editors, will still have to collect releases and forward them to the Administrator. We are permitted to accept electronic releases via email. The release may read:
I, [Modern Name] ([SCA Name]) authorize the use of the following media files to be used within the pages of the Compendium Caidis (AKA Caid Wiki):
- [List of filenames]
This step is not necessary in cases where the Administrator already has a release for the submitted files. Examples include:
- Images already published on www.sca-caid.org may be used here without additional releases. This includes the Caid Roll of Arms. Please try and provide credit on the file's "File:" page, if known.
- Any file from the sites listed under "Full Use" at Help: Media may be uploaded without additional release. When using these sites, please include the artist/photographer credit on the image's "File:" page. You may include the source URL which would help us if we later need to find the release for a specific file.
- Any file submitted via Persona Submission Form or Media Submission Form has a release attached that is sent to the Administrator.
This change does not in any way change permissions to add or edit text, links, etc.
Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. As this will surely increase my own workload, I expect I will be seeking specific help in this area in the near future.--Lachlan 21:31, 26 July 2010 (PDT)
- My condolences on your loss. There are no words that can help, I know. I hope that time will heal.
--James the Inconstant 19:20, 4 March 2010 (PST)
Go back/Go forward
- Maybe we should give some thought about how previous and next links on pages should work. I'm looking at some of the crown tournament pages and I notice the previous and next links skip years. I'm guessing that is because there is no page for the event immediately preceeding or following. It seems like that is asking for trouble down the line. If someone adds the missing page later, the previous link will need to be changed, and the person might not know to do that. What do you think?--Lachlan 09:43, 23 February 2010 (PST)
- You make several good points there.
- Do you think it would be more work to keep up with making sure future events get linked in or making stub pages for all of the currently missing ones?
- I do like the hub pages, and as you point out, we already have generic articles for Crown Tournament, Queens Champion and so on. I had originally written them simply to define the terms for the readers, but adding links would make them more useful. A thing that has bugged me in the past is when links to the generic articles get added to the events [year] table. It kind of implies there is an actual article about the event in that year. It could confuse people when they don't get where they expected, and it might be that an article won't get written because the editor saw the link and assumed it was done. But with "hub page" functionality, the user could arrive there, look at the links and realize "Oh. There isn't an article for that."--Lachlan 12:01, 24 February 2010 (PST)
- First, please drop by User talk:Avenel and see the discussion under "Winter/Spring/Summer/Winter".
- Second, it occurs to me that there is an automated way we could create a list of all crown tournaments (as an example). You can add a subcategory tag on all of the Crown Tournament event pages. This would be "[[Category:Crown Tournament]]" Then, navigate to the Crown Tournament category, and add "[[Category:Events|+Crown Tournament]]". This will make Crown Tournament a subcategory of Events (and it will alphabetize the category name at the top of the Events list).--Lachlan 10:24, 26 February 2010 (PST)
- A good example of this in action is the way I've made the Dreiburgen category a subcategory of the Territories category. I added "[[Category:Territories|+Dreiburgen]]" to the Dreiburgen category listing page. The first part tells the wiki that I want this category included in the Territories list. The part after the "|" is the "sort key". The default would be to place it with other categories starting with "D", where nobody is going to look for it. This code forces it to be sorted with "+", my code character for "before A", thus near the top of the category list.--Lachlan 18:11, 27 February 2010 (PST)
Loved your baron article, it was great! Thanks for all the new additions! --Kolfinna 15:10, 26 February 2009 (PST)
Hello, Malcolm. Thank you for your excellent work here. Kolfinna and I are experimenting with a new concept: creating a category for the branches of Caid. Since Dreiburgen has so many pages pertaining to it, I went ahead and created the Dreiburgen Category as a test. It seems to work correctly. All you have to do is add [[Category:Dreiburgen]] to a page and the Wiki will add a link at the bottom to an alphabetized list of articles in the category. I already added Dreiburgen, Dreiburgen Armourers Guild and Blue Mountain as part of my test. You can go ahead and add the remainder of the Dreiburgundian articles. Enjoy!--Lachlan 15:36, 25 March 2009 (PDT)
At some point, Kolfinna had determined that it didn't make sense to categorize individual territorial barons' and baronesses' populace pages in the barony's category. "Baronage" pages (like Malcolm and Robynne) should be categorized under the barony.--Lachlan 13:03, 19 December 2009 (PST)
Given your substantial contribution to the site, I'd like to offer to promote you to editor assigned to maintain Dreiburgen-specific articles. Does that sound good to you?--Lachlan 10:18, 14 May 2009 (PDT)
I would answer yes but I don't know enought about how Wiki works to respond to you.
- It would be pretty similar to what you're already doing: keep the Dreiburgen-related pages up to date and free from errors. It also would mean that you'd be on the Help:Team page, so it is possible someone might contact you to complain... er... request a fix to a Dreiburgen-related page.--Lachlan 14:09, 14 May 2009 (PDT)
I added a new section for Equestrian, with quite a number of categories (equestrian category for events, articles, riders category for people who ride, and horses categories for the actual horses) --Kolfinna 13:27, 17 June 2009 (PDT)
Greetings. This is a blanket note being sent to all the Editors of the CaidWiki. It has been approximately a year since most of you have held this position. The editor position on the wiki requires a bit more responsibility than the regular user, as you are a go to resource for people needing help and are a reviewer for the areas allocated to you (as shown on the Help:Team). If you'd like to remain as an editor for another year, please reply to this message. If you'd like to become a regular user (no responsibility, but still have the ability to edit anything any time), please reply to this message. If you have any questions feel free to contact me. Thanks! --Kolfinna 11:24, 7 August 2009 (PDT)
This event doesn't appear in the table for Events 1980, but since the date listed is Thursday/Friday, I'm suspicious it might have been a different year. Since it's a Dreiburgen event, I thought you might know.--Lachlan 21:55, 8 March 2010 (PST)
- Yes. You're probably right that it is an erroneous day, not an erroneous year. Of course you may take your time to figgure it out.--Lachlan 11:33, 10 March 2010 (PST)
Editors - If you no longer wish to be an active editor, please contact me via email at email@example.com to let me know. The only difference would be that you would no longer be listed on the Editor staff, and would no longer be expected to assume the responsibilities of an editor. You would still be able to edit pages on the Wiki. Thank you for all you have contributed to the Caid Wiki! --Valdis 12:07, 23 November 2013 (PST)