The Right Noble Guild of Saint Genesius deals with all aspects of theater.
It was a dark and stormy night ... alright, it was neither dark nor stormy. In fact, the Guild of Saint Genesius was formed one evening during a congenial gathering at the Altavian home of (then married) Baroness Selene Colfox and Baron Jared Alexandre Blaydeaux.
The founding members included Baroness Selene Colfox, Baron Jared Alexandre Blaydeaux, Duchess Natalya de Foix, Mistress Renata Kestryl of Highwynds, Lady Anthea MacGillivray of Cairnagad, Lord Gwyllym y Gryffyn ap Rhys, Mistress Máirghréad Ros FitzGarret of Desmond, and Caid's beloved Lord Goldwyn of Britain who departed this world far too soon.
The guild was named for St. Genesius, the patron saint of actors, comedians, clowns, dancers, theatrical performers, musicians, attorneys, barristers, lawyers, printers and stenographers. Originally centered in Altavia, the Guild become a kingdom-wide organization.
Guildmasters & Guildmistresses
Founding Guildmistress: Sinead Lauren Aithne Armagh
- Goldwyn of Britain
- Máirghréad Ros FitzGarret of Desmond
- Renata Kestryl of Highwynds
- Kaitlyn O'Mallin
- Garrett O'Doherty
- John Fettersson of the Misty Hills
- Fréderic de Cherbourg
- Selene Colfox
- Arthur FitzRobert of Wiverneweald
- Diane de Lyon
- Elva Mac Askil
Current Guildmaster/Guildmistress Fréderic de Cherbourg
- "Feast of St. Genesius" 08/22/1987
- "Day of Scenes," (Caldera Keep), 04/10/1988
- "Mistress Laurel Seamchecker" at the Known World Heraldic Symposium in Lyondemere, 07/08/1989
- "The Comedy of Errors" (date)
- "Our Kind," GWW IV, 10/07/2000
- Various Mummer's Plays at multiple Yules, Dec 2000
- "Decameron Stories," Calafia/Gyldenholt Friendship Tourney, 03/31/2001
- "Our Kind," St Genesius Revel at Japanese Tourney, 08/25/2001
- "Our Kind Trilogy," GWW V, 10/06/2001
- "Mummer's Play," Lyondemere Yule and Gyldenholt Yule, 12/15/2001
- "Pyramus and Thisbe," Lyondemere Anniversary, 07/20/2002
- "Midsummer Night's Dream" GWW VI, 10/12/2002
- "Master Morton the Scholar," Caid Twelfth Night (Altavia), 01/04/2003
- . . . more as records get perused
The Guild of Saint Genesius was granted Right Noble status on November 16, 1991 by TRM Patrick II and Adriana. The badge, Lozengy AR and SA, 3 scarves knotted in triskelion gules. (Hint: A running gag ...) Registered March 1984 to Gwilym y Griffwn, intended for the guild's use.