Séamus mac Néill Uí Chonchobhair
From Compendum CaidisJump to navigationJump to search
Moments before losing gloriously to Brigand Gestas
Vert, a pall Or ermined Vert
Séamus mac Néill Uí Chonchobhair has been a member of the SCA since 2015, but has been playing on and off since his first event in the West in 1992. Mostly off, unfortunately.
- Séamus is an indiscriminate Irishman of no particular time. He once claimed to be 14th century, but he fights rapier which is 16th century, and plays the Saxon Lyre which is 9th century. He's clearly confused.
- He drinks, and he knows nothing.
- Member of House Muddyfoot, Clan of the Ogres
Offices & Positions
- Silver Mace Herald, Barony of Wintermist, 2019-present
- Deputy Herald, Barony of Wintermist, 2018-2019
- Webwright, Barony of Wintermist, 2018-2020
- Deputy Webwright, Barony of Wintermist, 2017-2018, 2020-present
- Brewing: mead, beer, wine, cordials, and now vinegar
- Historical fencing, also known as heavy rapier
- Bardic arts: singing, drumming, guitar, scheitholt, Anglo-Saxon lyre
- Period board games: Goose, Nine Mens Morris, Senet
- Target archery, although I never actually practice
- Fiber arts: knitting and kumihimo. Pretends to be interested in tablet weaving but let's be real, he doesn't have the time
- Pretending to learn new things, or more accurately, falling down rabbit holes on YouTube
Misc & Awards
Award of Arms - 5/18/2019 Gillyflower (Wintermist) - 5/18/2019