Please join me in welcoming Lachlan of Cromarty back as the Administrator of the Caid Wiki. His dedication and devotion to the Wiki have been ever present since the birth of the Wiki and it is with complete confidence in his knowledge and leadership that the Wiki will continue to grow and prosper with his guidance. I want to thank all of the editors for your work on the Wiki. It has been an honor to be part of the team that continues Kolfinna's legacy ~ The Compendium Caidis. Thank you all for all that you do. --Valdis 22:05, 3 April 2014 (PDT)
A year ago Kolfinna sent a yearly post to all of the editors asking if they would like to continue in their roles as editors, saying that "The editor position on the wiki requires a bit more responsibility than the regular user". I am continuing that tradition and am asking those in the Editor List if they wish to continue in that role, or begin working in that capacity (there are a couple of you on the Editor list who are not on the Editor staff). Anyone currently in the Editor member list but are not on the Help:Team team may become a member of the Editor Team, just let me know you would like to work in that capacity. Also let me know if you would like to become a member of the Commenter group, you will still be able to edit pages on the wiki as a commenter you just will not have the responsibilities of an Editor.
For those who wish to remain as wiki Editors:
1. Please send me your email address - either add it to your preferences (where it will remain private), or send to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Add a note to your User Talk page (in response to this message) that you would like to continue or begin working as an editor or become a commenter.
I definitely am still interested in remaining an editor. --Eilidh
- Thank you for continuing as an editor! --Valdis 18:56, 14 October 2010 (PDT)
3. Let me know if you believe your work with the wiki encompasses more that the area(s) you are currently allocated and let me know what areas you feel you can monitor/survey. Check the Help:Team page for the current list of Editors and the areas allocated to everyone. --Valdis 02:20, 25 August 2010 (PDT)
Valdis has been active on this site since June 2008. Particularly, she has spent a great deal of time working on the colossal Populace Category, reformatting the populace pages in the formative days of the site, proofreading and fixing name spelling errors and formatting errors, adding offices and personal blazons, assisting with the sub-categorization of the category, etc.
I have great faith that she will serve the community well in her new capacity, adding fresh enthusiasm and finding new ways to make the site better for the users. That said, I'm sure she will need help handling the ever-increasing workload of Administrator. Please lend her your support as your time permits, either by offering to help with special projects, or by doing general editing as needed.
Twice it has been my honor and joy to serve the Caidan populace in this office. I thank you all. I am proud of the work I've done here, and look forward to continuing to "tinker" as an Editor.--Lachlan 21:43, 13 August 2010 (PDT)
To the Editors
As Lachlan said, I have been with the wiki since June of 2008. During that time I have come to appreciate and value all of the work that has gone into the establishment and continued growth of the wiki, not only as a source of information for our Kingdom, but also as a legacy of someone we all hold dear to our hearts. Both Kolfinna and Lachlan put so much of themselves into the Compendium Caidis that they inspired others to continue those efforts, as they have inspired the editors and myself, as well as all of the users of this wiki. My primary goal as admin is to continue and nurture the work they began; and also to fulfill the purpose of the wiki which is to create a source of knowledge gained from life in Caid and the SCA.
I would like to sincerely thank Lachlan for his faith and confidence in my abilities to serve as the wiki administrator. I would also like to thank Lachlan and all of you for continuing to serve as editors. --Valdis 18:21, 14 August 2010 (PDT)
Image Use on the Wiki
The Society webminister has instructed us to begin collecting releases before uploading/publishing new images on this site. To help facilitate this, the users authorized to upload files has been restricted to Editors and Administrators, specifically excluding Commenters. Anyone may submit files for inclusion via the Media Submission Form.
While free to upload files, you, the editors, will still have to collect releases and forward them to the Administrator. We are permitted to accept electronic releases via email. The release may read:
I, [Modern Name] ([SCA Name]) authorize the use of the following media files to be used within the pages of the Compendium Caidis (AKA Caid Wiki):
- [List of filenames]
This step is not necessary in cases where the Administrator already has a release for the submitted files. Examples include:
- Images already published on www.sca-caid.org may be used here without additional releases. This includes the Caid Roll of Arms. Please try and provide credit on the file's "File:" page, if known.
- Any file from the sites listed under "Full Use" at Help: Media may be uploaded without additional release. When using these sites, please include the artist/photographer credit on the image's "File:" page. You may include the source URL which would help us if we later need to find the release for a specific file.
- Any file submitted via Persona Submission Form or Media Submission Form has a release attached that is sent to the Administrator.
This change does not in any way change permissions to add or edit text, links, etc.
Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. As this will surely increase my own workload, I expect I will be seeking specific help in this area in the near future.--Lachlan 21:28, 26 July 2010 (PDT)
Greetings. This is a blanket note being sent to all the Editors of the CaidWiki. It has been approximately a year since most of you have held this position. The editor position on the wiki requires a bit more responsibility than the regular user, as you are a go to resource for people needing help and are a reviewer for the areas allocated to you (as shown on the Help:Team). If you'd like to remain as an editor for another year, please reply to this message. If you'd like to become a regular user (no responsibility, but still have the ability to edit anything any time), please reply to this message. If you have any questions feel free to contact me. Thanks! --Kolfinna 11:20, 7 August 2009 (PDT)
Editors - If you no longer wish to be an active editor, please contact me via email at email@example.com to let me know. The only difference would be that you would no longer be listed on the Editor staff, and would no longer be expected to assume the responsibilities of an editor. You would still be able to edit pages on the Wiki. Thank you for all you have contributed to the Caid Wiki! --Valdis 12:19, 23 November 2013 (PST)
- I've enabled your account to upload. When you upload media you are granting permission to publish that media on this wiki website indefinitely. In the "Summary" section of each image, please credit the photographer or artist who created the image. Once uploaded, images may be subsequently removed upon request of the author or subject.--Lachlan 22:53, 25 June 2014 (PDT)