Per chevron throughout argent and sable, two pairs of triangles conjoined in pale at the points gules and a tower argent.
Thomas passed away in his sleep on October 11th, 2020.
Offices & Positions
- Caid Archery Open Champion-Handbow, 05/20/2001
- Seneschal Caid 2013-present
- Second Baron of Naevehjem with Marina Zanne, 11/08/1997-11/14/2009
- Companion for Sven II and Kolfinna II, 11/2008-6/2009
- Companion for Edward II and Mora II, 6/6/2009-11/7/2009
- Making Your Own Flemish Bowstring, Collegium Caidis 2009
- Making Self-Nocked Arrows, Collegium Caidis 2009
- Making Your Own Flemish Twist Bowstring, Collegium Caidis 2011
Projects & Publications
- Archery – IKAC: 2001 – Open Division: 1st Place Caid, 41st Place SCA wide: Recurve
- Archery – IKAC: 2002 – Open Division: Recurve
- Archery – IKAC: 2003 – Open Division: Longbow
From Ramvoldus Kröll
My first GWW, I only knew Archery. And I did not know that many people outside my own Barony. I walked all the way down to the Archery Range (at noon) only to find a ghost town. I didn't know at the time that they closed around noon so the marshals could eat lunch. Totally bummed and confused, I began to hoof it back to camp with all my gear. About halfway I crossed paths with this lanky older gentleman. He greeted me with the friendliest smile and asked how I did. Since I was carrying a bow, I assumed he was talking about Archery. I replied with my tale of woe and he informed me that I could go shoot if I had a range marshal with me. Lucky for me, he just happened to be a range marshal. He walked all the way back with me and spent the next hour or so just watching me shoot. He gave me some tips to improve my form, and we talked about archery for the better part of the afternoon. I was amazed at how a complete stranger could drop whatever he was doing and give up a couple hours of his time to make sure a new archer had a chance to shoot. This not only made my day, but my entire War. His selfless act made me want to become a range marshal so I could pay it forward. Afterwards, he became a beacon for me. I saw him at events and knew I could walk right up and talk to him. It felt as if I had known him for years. It wasn't until later that I found out he was a Physicist, Kingdom Seneschal, Baron of Naevehjem, Pelican, and Chiron. I am so glad I got to know this impressive man and only wish I could have had more time with him. I am sure that there are MANY people out there that have much more to say about Master Thomas, I just wanted to share this story and my impression of a truly great person. Tom Zulkoski, you will be missed.