Per pale gules and argent, three thistles counterchanged.
Countess Staeina served as Queen of Caid, at the side of King Adam Makandro from Coronation/12th Night January 5, 2019 to Coronation July 13, 2019. She particularly enjoys Viking-style embroidery.
- 10th century viking.
Offices & Positions
- Youth Combat Marshal, 1/2013 - 2017
- Court of Ursul and Colette, 10/2011 - 6/2012
- Court of Giles and Giuseppe, 6/2012 - 6/2014
- Chamberlain to Giles and Giuseppe, 7/2012 - 6/2014
- Youth Combat Officer for the Barony of Gyldenholt, 3/2013 - 6/2017
- Seneschal, Barony of Gyldenholt, 4/2014 - 6/11/16
- Court of Athanaric and Sigriðr, 6/2015 - 1/2016
- Companion to Vitasha Ivanova doch', 6/11/16 - 6/2017
- Court of Agrippa II and Bridget II, 1/2017 - 7/2017
- Chamberlain to Ilia and Vitasha, 6/2017 - 6/2018
- Companion to HRH Dawid Radzowycz, 6/2018 - 9/2018
- Autocrat, Gyldenholt 2012 Anniversary
- Registrar, West Coast Culinary Symposium, 2014
- Co-Steward, Gyldenholt/Calafia Friendship, 2017
Projects & Publications
- Staeina Halfdanardottir is currently working on a Challenge piece given to her by Baron Giuseppe Francesco da Borgia.
Hand embroidered Elizabethian Stomacher. Gold thread (Plaited Braid and Chain Stitch), Silk threads (Detatched Buttonhole). Spangles, rhinestones, pearls, crystals, and sequins. The design is based on examples from the Elizabethian era. Elements were designed with Duchess Bridget Lucia Mackenzie in mind. There is a hidden Mickey, as well as roses, caterpiller, strawberry and strawberry leaves.
Hand embroidered Russian "Dogs" for His Majesty Sir Athanaric Thaurismunths sunus: Patches for heraldic cloak; split stitch; cotton thread on linen, attached to wool cloak.
Hand embroidered Viking inspired Owl for Her Majesty Sigriðr in irska: Patch for Viking apron; split stitch; cotton thread on linen, attached to a linen apron. The design is inspired by her heraldry of a Gold owl with black herman spots.
Commission piece for Mistress Cristal Fleur de la Mer: Device patch for Laurel Cope; split stitch and stem stitch; wool thread on linen fabric.
Gift to Baron Giuseppe Francesco da Borgia: given at Apprenticing; Cotton thread on linen.
Embroidered piece for THLady Rekon of Saaremaa - worn on tunic; split stitch; cotton thread on linen.
Pelican for Mistress Baroness Ceridwen Killian - worn on Pelican cloak; spilt stitch; wool thread on linen.
Handfasting apron piece - worn by Lady Merewen of Warthwic; Split stitch and Stem Stitch; cotton thread on linen.
cross stitched belt favor worn by Lord Jakob Hálfdanarson - cotton thread on linen.
Hand embroidered roundel based on Celtic knot work. Gifted to Baron Cormac Mor. Cotton thread on linen. Split stitch
Hand embroidered greenman for THL Adam Makandro. Wool thread on wool. Split stitch - Viking age hood.
Hand embroidered Pelican for Mistress Baroness Ceara ingen Chonaill - Cotton thread on Linen. Split stitch.
Hand embroidered Viking Bears for Baron Ursul Ursul Vladislavl' pravnuk - Wool thread on Wool. Split Stitch.
Viking forecloth with hand embroidered viking dragon, silk and brocade trim. Embroidery is done in split stitch using cotton thread. This is a gift to Vitasha Ivanova doch'
Close up image of the hand embroidered Viking dragon. Embroidery is done in split stitch and using cotton thread. This is a gift to Vitasha Ivanova doch'
Green Scottish dress, Black underskirt, white chemise with hand embroidered cuffs. Cuffs are embroidered with silk thread on white linen. Bodice is finished with pewter viking dragon lacers. Thank you to Lady Dametta Sweet and Baroness Ceara ingen Chonaill for assisting me with sewing and patterning.
- Lyondomere Arts & Archery 2017 - Arts and Sciences Champion, Lyondomere 2017
- Caid Pentathlon 2017 - 1st Place Apprentice: How To Paper, 1st Place Apprentice: Weaving: Other, 1st Place Apprentice: Tools: Fibre Arts, 2nd Place Apprentice: How To Paper, 2nd Place Apprentice: Tools: Fibre Arts.
- Gyldenholt/Calafia Friendship - 2nd Place A&S - theme Cow and Sheep
- A&S People's choice - 2nd place at GWW 2015
- Caid Pentathlon 2015 - Special Recognition - Embroidery - Team Gyldenholt
- A&S People's Choice winner at Barony of Angels Robin Hood Tourney 2012
- Griffen Design on son's Viking Feldr; split stitich; cotton thread on linen.
- Taught Basic Embroidery at Great Western War 2017
- Taught Embroider and Construction of a Fillet at Great Western War 2013
- Taught Embellish with Embrodery at Great Western War 2012
- Taught Don't be afraid to embelish at Great Western War 2011
Started playing in July 2011.