Spring Queen's Champion 2013
Intro. (Make sure this page and Spring Coronation 2013 are updated at the same time)
Steward: Baron Cormac Mor
- Final Court of Mansur and Eilidh stepped down as King and Queen
- First Court of Sven IV and Cassandra II became King and Queen
- Mansur and Eilidh were made Count and Countess
- Kjartan Daegarson became King's Champion
- Mansur ibn al-Sha'bi ibn Rafi' became Queen's Chmpion, Heavy Weapons
- Nathaniel Longbow became Queen's Champion, Rapier
- Killian MacTaggart became Queen's Champion, Unarmored Combat
- Nicholai Stagghorn became Queen's Champion, Youth Combat
- Nikolaos Phaistios became Queen's Champion, Archery
- Paganus Grimlove became Queen's Champion, Thrown Weapons
- House Valentine became The Right Noble House Valentine
- Astrid skalphæna received an Award of Arms
- Vanguard of Honor bestowed upon Michael Mallory
- Jerrik van Den Helder received Duellist
From the Crown Prints
Queen’s Champion Sunday, June 2, 2013
After a day of pomp and pageantry indoors, what could be finer than a relaxing day in the park? Come to Queen’s Champion Tournament, where Caid’s finest warriors will test each others’ skills for the honor to defend Her Royal Majesty.
Site: Ernest E. Debs Park, situated in the hills of Montecito Heights just east of Alhambra, is a sprawling green with a panoramic view and plenty of trees. Leave your pavilions at home, bring chairs and rugs, and sit in the cool shade that Nature has provided.
To reiterate, leave your pavilions at home; we are not allowed to put stakes in the ground. If you feel you need to bring shelter, pop-ups are allowed as long as they don’t use stakes. But there’s plenty of shade under the trees, so you won’t even need those!
As with all parks within the City of Los Angeles, this is a dry site, and no smoking is allowed in the park. Pets are welcome as long as they are kept on a leash at all times.
Address: 4235 Monterey Rd., Los Angeles, CA 90032
Directions: Take the 110 Fwy to the Orange Grove exit. Follow south on Orange Grove to Monterey Rd. Turn right onto Monterey Road. Turn right onto Debs Park Road to enter Ernest E. Debs Park. Take the winding road up into the park and look for pavilions. Most online directions will send you to the west edge of the park. There is no access to the park from that side.
Merchants: We’re terribly sorry, but merchants are not feasible for this site at present.
Schedule (subject to change once court begins):
- 8:00 AM Site opens
- 10:00 AM Opening Court (at their Majesties’ pleasure)
- 4:30 PM Closing Court
- 6:00 PM Site closes
Site fees: Suggested on-site donation of $7, plus $5 NMS. If you pay for Queen’s Champion at Coronation, you get a $2 discount, and only need to pay the NMS once.
Event Steward: Baron Cormac Mór
- Leave your memories here.
Add photos if we have them
- Links to photo galleries, West Kingdom History page, etc.
|Go back||Go forward|
|Fall Coronation / Queen's Champion 2012||Fall Queen's Champion 2013|
|Go back||Current Year||Go forward|
|Events 2012||Events 2013||Events 2014|
|Events of Caid|
|Events: 1970s, 1980s, 1990s, 2000s, 2010s, 2020s
Other Information: Results